Russia is the largest country in the world by land covering 17,098,245 square meters. Moscow is the capital of Russia. Along with the largest country in the world, Russia is home to higher education like the MBBS program.
Yes, MBBS in Russia is popular among all Indian medical aspirants as well as foreign students.
Russia is one of the significant destinations to pursue an MBBS course. Russia is the top 8th destination where students come from all over the world to study MBBS. The education system of Russia comes in the 26th position in the world.
The prime thing is that almost 30 universities in Russia are listed as the top 100 medical universities in the world.
Consequently, every year Russia welcomes around 2,00,000 foreign students who come from across the globe to study MBBS in Russia.
This figure is the highest in the world, and that is the reason Russia becomes the home of international students.
Why Choose MBBS in Russia?
At the same time, Russia is home to nearly 3,35,000 international students, which is the highest in the world.
Currently, Russia has always proved the MBBS course is absolutely worth offering world-class medical education at a rock-bottom cost to all students across the world, with a major emphasis on Indian students.
The last two decades have seen a huge increase in the number of foreign aspirants coming to study MBBS in Russia. This trend is in fact, increasing every passing year.
Russian medical universities have a modern infrastructure with extraordinary faculties. Here are highly qualified faculties that aim to provide excellent quality education. They have many years of experience in providing good quality education.
MBBS in Russia Highlights
|Recognization||WHO, NMC, FAIMER, and so on|
|MBBS course duration||6 years with internship|
|Minimum Fee||1,70,000 RUB|
|Maximum Fee||7,12,500 RUB|
|Medium of Instruction||English|
Going ahead in this article we are going to discuss how Russia is different from other countries. Which things attract more and more international students to study MBBS in Russia are as follows.
Advantages to studying MBBS in Russia
- Reasonable Price – All Russian universities offer medical courses at an affordable cost. Indian students can easily afford quality medical courses. The MBBS fees in Russia range from 1,70,000 RUB to 7,12,500 RUB students can select as per their preference.
- MCI-approved Universities – Not even a single university is there which is not MCI approved. All the MCI-approved university students can simply apply for further studies in Russia and get admission easily.
- Duration of Medical course – The duration of the MBBS program is 6 years. The six-year duration is divided into two parts and The 5-year duration is for the academic curriculum, and the last year is for the internship.
- Globally Recognized Degree – Russian universities offer a globally recognized medical degree which is approved by various international bodies like WHO, NMC, and the Ministry of Education of Russia.
- Along with this, Indian students need to clear the FMGE (Licentiate exam) so that they can eligible to practice medicine in India.
- Ragging-Free Campus – The campus is ragging-free, so parents of international students can feel safe. If any problems are arising on campus, the legal authorities are always ready to take action. So don’t worry students can easily stay here without any fare?
Along with that, so many MCI-approved medical colleges in Russia. One more interesting thing is that Russia has 57+ MCI-approved medical universities which are offering quality education for foreign students, may This figure is very high in the world of MCI-approved colleges.
Below are the top MCI-approved universities in Russia. Please check below.
- Chuvash State Medical University
- Kursk State Medical University
- Altai State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical University
- Kazan Federal University
- Bashkir State Medical University
- Samara State Medical University
- OMSK State Medical University
- Peoples Friendship University
- Perm State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Crimea Federal University
- Tver State Medical University
- Kirov State Medical University
- Mari State Medical University
- Far Eastern Federal University
- Dagestan State Medical University
- Kabardino state Medical University
These are the top medical colleges in Russia. If you are planning to study MBBS in Russia, you can choose from them.
MBBS Fees structure for Indian Students in Russia
There is a good thing in that the fee structure for studying MBBS in Russia is very cheap in comparison to Indian universities. MBBS Fees in Russia starting from 2Lakh Ruble to 7Lakh Ruble.
There are low-cost MBBS fees in Russia and an affordable cost of living which attracts more and more Indian students to study MBBS in Russia.
So, Russia is a very demanding destination for medical students to pursue MBBS. The Russian federal government has sponsored the fee structure that makes the medical course very cheap. The study cost is very affordable.
When, we talk about the fees of Russian universities, MBBS fees start from 1,70,000 RUB to 7,12,500 RUB. Students can select medical colleges as per their choice.
Along with this 2000 USD, other charges, including hostel charges start from 12,000 RUB and 1,200 USD mess charges.
Universities in Russia, offer a polished platform to foreign students, so they don’t have to pay high tuition fees or any other charges.
On the other hand, there is no donation. The complete cost of a six-year MBBS is budget-friendly for Indian students.
MBBS in Russian Eligibility Criteria
Those students who plan to study MBBS in Russian Universities can follow the simple eligibility criteria to get admission to Russia.
Notably, If a candidate does not fulfil the requirements according to these criteria they are not able to apply for study MBBS in Russia. So please check carefully.
- Students must be qualified for the NEET exam. This is the basic requirement of every Indian student for MBBS study in Russia.
- Applicants surely complete 17 years of age, students who complete 17 till 31st December of admission year are also eligible.
- Candidates obtain 50% marks in Physical, Biology, and Chemistry in the 12th class.
- Reserved category students need at least 40% marks in the 12th class.
- Students don’t suffer from any kind of illness.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are the mandatory subjects in the 12th class.
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Original passport
- Passport size photos
- NEET report card
- Invitation Letter offered by the university
- Medical certificate
- HIV/AIDS reports
- COVID-19 report
- Bank statement
Courses offered by the Russian Universities
MBBS in Russia for Indian students is the prominent option to pursue medical studies. Along with the MBBS courses, Russian universities offer other various courses. Students can choose the other courses.
- General Medicine
Duration MBBS in Russia
MBBS in Russia program runs for 6 years including practical training. The first 5 years are devoted to classroom knowledge and the last year is devoted to practical training. Which is compulsory to complete every medical aspirant?
Hostel Facilities of Russian Universities
Russian universities offer the best hostel facilities for international students on campus. If you don’t walk to a university hostel there are comfortable accommodation facilities at an affordable price within walking distance of the university campus.
In a hostel room equipped with all the necessary things which are used in daily life. Bed, power, table, lamp, AC, ATM, internet connection, and many more. Here students are very safe because the whole campus is under CCTV surveillance.
Genuinely, Most of the Indian students prefer Russia for MBBS because the country has minimum crime rate and students can stay safe.