In the web development arena, PHP is considered the most popular web development language. Every language uses some kind of framework for web and app development. For PHP, there are many frameworks in use, but Laravel is the most popular one. With approximately 45,000 stars and counting, Laravel is considered the most trending repository on GitHub. It is evident that the demands for Laravel application development are surging for app development.
Understanding what is Laravel framework
One of the most well-known web app development frameworks, Laravel comes with an expressive and elegant syntax for expediting the development process in the most conducive and accessible conditions. With Laravel app development, developers can eliminate various difficult areas that web developers have to face, along with maintaining deadlines and managing complex codes.
With a Laravel framework, you can minimize the workload in executing various tasks like authentications, routing, caching, sessions, and many others. Instead, you can concentrate on building various business-related features of the app. It is interesting to note that there were many issues in PHP frameworks until Laravel came into the picture. With the incorporation of Laravel, the majority of these issues were tested and resolved.
Reasons why Laravel is the best PHP framework for developing apps
Mentioned below are some key benefits of Laravel, for which the web app development process becomes efficient and seamless.
- Provides better authorization option and authentication – One of the main purposes of developing Laravel was to provide a better alternative to the CodeIgniter framework. This framework had limited features when it came to the authentication of users. Moreover, the built-in support for authorization was also not very strong.
With the Laravel framework in place, you can implement a complete system more simply and conveniently. You can provide access to log in, Registration, and Password Reset at one go. This is possible as Laravel can do all this work with just a single command. With Laravel, you can control access to various resources and simply organize authorization logic.
- Offers faster time to market – One of the benefits of Laravel website development is that it provides quicker time to market. To make everyday tasks easier, the Laravel framework works on a modular basis. This directly implies that with this framework, many pre-built structures and functions function on the latest PHP principles for building and creating highly responsive web applications with an efficient time frame.
Laravel is an open-source framework, and hence there are immense scopes for developers to improve the framework. With improvements in the Laravel framework, there is a huge speed boost in the web application development process. This makes Laravel intuitive and quick. In this framework, developers don’t need to write individual lines of codes and spend hours after hours after them. Therefore, the framework is not only economical but also boosts the application delivery time.
- Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture of Laravel framework – Ask any Laravel web application development company, and all will agree that it is the MVC architecture of Laravel which makes it an effective and efficient framework for website and app development. By supporting the Model-View-Controller architecture, Laravel makes sure that there is complete clarity between presentation and logic. The framework invokes proper documentation and optimum performance.
A very prominent feature of MVC architecture in the Laravel framework is that it has various built-in functionalities. As a result, web developers can use these functionalities as per their requirements while they are developing your web applications. Also, when compared to other PHP frameworks, the MVC framework provides many other helpful in-built functionalities like improved performance and better documentation.
- Keep away technical vulnerabilities with Laravel framework – Security vulnerabilities are an integral part of the web development process. As per a study conducted by OWASP Foundation, some of the most critical web app security vulnerabilities include cross-site request forgery, SQL injection, and cross-site scripting.
Fixing these vulnerabilities is not that simple. It takes a lot of time and money to get the whole thing right. You have to go through the whole process of SDLC for that. When the development process becomes prone to security vulnerabilities, you will see an immediate jump in the cost of the development process. This is because the cost of fixing such vulnerabilities is often 30 times more when compared to the requirement identification stage, architecture stage, and post-production phase during the design.
Laravel is the most viable option for overcoming security glitches while developing web applications. The framework also protects from various server security risks.
- Offers impregnable security – Digitalization is taking the world by storm. With its benefits, various kinds of cyber hacks and frauds are also increasing. In such a situation, you need to focus on security aspects. Web developers have to ensure that they provide robust security to the apps they develop. With the Laravel framework, you can employ hack-proof passwords.
Laravel offers different kinds of security features, including password storage, securing routes, configuration, user authentication, encryption, and HTTP basic authentication.
- Automation testing support – With the Laravel framework, you will get extraordinary testing support. We all know that testing is a vital part of any web app development project. With testing, developers can identify if there are any glitches in the app. Testing also ensures that the web application is completely bug-free and meets all necessary recommendations. Laravel offers automation testing support, taking minimum time to test the app.
- Automated task scheduling and execution – For automating tasks in web applications, you need to implement a task scheduling mechanism. However, while using the Laravel framework, you can use an automatic command scheduler. With this feature, the performance of the web app becomes faster. You can also save on the hosting cost with this feature.
Summing it up
From the above-mentioned features, it is evident why Laravel is the most preferred PHP framework used for web app development. You can build scalable web applications with Laravel along with intuitiveness, robust security, and hosts of other features. With Laravel app development, you can overcome the many loopholes which are present in other PHP frameworks.