In response to the global pandemic, event technology has become the heart of the trend of virtual events and is evolving faster than ever. The rapid growth of this has greatly impacted the event industry. Today, 90 percent of professionals believe that advanced technology can have a positive effect on the success of their events.
From webinars to online trade shows to live-streamed performances and conferences- technology makes it all possible. But do you know, what are the important tech tools you require to plan a virtual event, drive engagement and registrations, and roll the event seamlessly? Here we look at some top virtual event technology tools you need to put together in events that entertain, educate, and more importantly excites the attendees.
Virtual event website
Like physical events, Websites can provide a ‘home ground’ for your virtual events. It generates a sense of realness to online programs in a digital space. Each digital event entices guests who keep close tabs on social media, others who check their email inbox, and still others who don’t watch these channels. An event website keeps every participant on the same page.
Here are some essential elements of a virtual event website:
1) Where and When? Where are the people meeting virtually i.e, what is the virtual venue of the event? What’s the time and date of the event?
2) What’s happening and why should people attend your event? Give a clear brief about what will the people drive from the event if they register. Entertainment? Knowledge? Networking opportunities? These are your event pitch that drives registrations.
3) Event title- Provide a simple yet creative title to your event. Something that clearly identifies the event goal or topic. Choose coinciding hashtags for the event at the same time.
4) Call to action and registration- Make it simple for prospective guests to become registered audiences. Your CTA should be extraordinary and encourage clicks.
5) Attractive images that reflect the event- Incorporate images that reflect the motive behind hosting the event. Use photographs that show what people can expect.
6) Responses to previous events- If you have hosted a couple of virtual events already include quotes from happy attendees. You can ask for these responses in post-event surveys, you can also find these responses on social media.
2. Event Registration Technology
None of you can host an event without event registration. It is the bridge between virtual event and event marketing. It must be secure, seamless, mobile-friendly and intuitive. Try using a flexible event website design and registrations that consolidate design and the registration process according to your needs. You can also add a registration link to an existing website. Whatsoever route you choose, ensure having a payment and registration process to be straightforward and secure. Normally, registration includes:
- Audience information & interests
- Session sign-up
- Payment page
- Registration items
You can also ask questions from registrants, these are generally survey-based questions such as, what is your area of interest. From where did you find out about the event? What sessions they are willing to attend? And so forth. The answers can help you improvise your future virtual event planning and marketing strategies.
3. Event apps
Most people prefer receiving information through their mobile devices, at least in part. Generating mobile event apps to coincide with your website can help in making your event more interactive and experimental. Your event app should contemplate the branding of the event and incorporate a clear rundown of its benefits.
For virtual events, apps are the most valuable audience engagement tools. Apps can nurture:
- Professional networking
- Sustained interest through live Q&As and Gamification
- Understanding through attendee surveys pre, during, and post the event
An event app can also boost event revenue through feature ads and sponsors within the app.
4. Integrate Live streaming tools in virtual events
Most online events are live-streamed in part or entirely. For that, the host needs to have attendees gather on a live-streaming app to see the key speeches, product rollouts, training seminars, and performances that you have planned. Here we have enlisted a few technology options that can be integrated into your virtual event platform for live-streaming events:
- Facebook Live
- Instagram Live
- Youtube Live
The term website social media integration is the process of expanding your marketing by diverting your social media followers to your website. By doing so, you will be able to extend the reach of your content and combine your marketing efforts making them more strong in terms of qualified lead generation and sales.
The most popular social media platforms used for marketing today are:
6. Reliable Wi-Fi
Every event venue must have strong internet connectivity to ensure your event reaches your potential attendees. Always keep a backup or check whether the Wi-Fi is powerful at the event command center or not. Today, most keynote speakers deliver their speeches from the comfort of their home so triple-checking their connectivity is a must. Ensure that it is strong enough to conduct any live streaming or virtual conference.
7. Event Marketing Software
For any business to hold a virtual event one needs to have promotional strategies to generate more registrations. Here, event marketing software comes to your rescue and helps you design your promotion strategically and also helps you plan your marketing emails, social media posts, and paid event advertising.
Apart from scheduling ads, posts, and emails, this software also helps in:
- Sending a reminder to attendees who haven’t registered
- Sending reminders to busy registered invitees who according to you may miss the date
- Tracking social engagement
- Tracking open rates for emails
- Running A/B tests for your social ads, posts, and event mails
8. Event planning software
Planning a virtual event is as complicated as in-person events, though the moving pieces are slightly different. You require event planning software to ensure that you hit every to-do pre, during, and post the event. You may need small-scale catering for the virtual event team and people to set up backdrops for speakers, tech tools for seminar leaders, whether that’s a digital screen or a whiteboard.
It is time-consuming to set up and test the event technology to make sure it works absolutely fine. By using this event planning software you can schedule those test runs with speakers or vendors. There are other ways as well to use your planning software to organize your virtual event, they are as follows:
- Track the RFPs (Request for proposal) you sent to the vendors
- Track the responses of RFP in one place
- Manage venue and vendor contacts
- An event layout diagram for a virtual roundtable
And finally, throughout your event planning process, you have to stay in touch with your key decision-makers, speakers, sponsors, vendors, and most importantly with your team. Event planning software helps a host prioritize their tasks across the team, whether it’s calling speakers having an issue with the technology or sending emails to vendors.
Over to you
Hosting an event virtually requires 100 percent dependency upon technology, so make sure your tech tools are up to the mark. With the help of these trending technologies, onboard the best virtual event technology tools today and have a dynamic event throughout!