A home is a place where we feel relaxed after a long hectic day or a place where you spend many happy and healthy moments with your family. Like the lungs, homes need to be able to breathe to make sure that fresh air comes in and dirty air goes out. The air indoors can build up high moisture levels, odours, gases, dust, and other air pollutants.
So, what if we told you that we could help you to make your house smell excellent with Essential oil Malaysia or some other DIY hacks? Yes, quick DIY hacks with the things you already have had at home for very little money.
Would you be into it? I thought so!
All right, let’s get to it!
DIY Quick Hacks to Make Your House Smell Amazing:
If you have ever been to the perfume department in a fancy store, you have probably seen little cups with coffee grinds or coffee beans. Then you just give it a quick smell that helps cleanse your palate. Yes, coffee grinds actually help deodorise any space in your home. All you have to do is just put them into a bowl or an open-air container and stick them in the area (closets or drawers) that needs deodorising. After a few hours, it will start to absorb all of the nasty odour and change it into a unique smell.
Do you love vanilla vibes as I do? If so, then here is a great and quick hack. You can use vanilla extract or essence to make your freezer smell better. For this, you have to do two things:
- The first thing is you can swipe the plastic interior parts of your fridge with vanilla extract on a paper towel. It helps neutralise odours, and plastic is porous, so this works.
- The second thing is to soak a couple of cotton balls in a vanilla extract, leave them in an open bowl and stick them in the freezer. It helps neutralise odours as well.
This one quick DIY hack comes from old grannies. We usually throw parties and parties without citrates and joint nahhhh! And the next day, home smells like tobacco. We can’t stop partying, but we can cure the tobacco smell. Yes, all you have to do is put bowls all around the home filled with white vinegar.
Note* If you think that your home smells like vinegar by doing this, you are wrong. Vinegar absorbs the entire tobacco odour.
This hack is not only beneficial for tobacco but absorbs any other not-so-good smell or nasty odour in the house.
Did you know that essential oils are great for refreshing? Yes, it’s true! You’ve probably heard that frankincense essential oil are good for sleep, anxiety, stress, and other health conditions. But they also work as home fresheners. Oils like peppermint, lavender, lemon basil, sandalwood and orange rose contain antibacterial properties and fresh fragrance. That not only absorbs nasty smells but also lifts your mood.
There are different methods to use frankincense essential oil as a home freshener:
- Essential Oil Diffuser: There are different types of diffusers that you can buy online. Since they are electronic, you can plug them in and place them in the hall, room or anywhere. You have to fill the diffuser halfway with water and pour two drops of oil into the central oil unit.
- Air Freshener: You can make your own air freshener with a few drops of essential oil. Take an old spray bottle; Mix it with 1/2 tsp with 10-20 drops of frankincense essential oil or any other of your choice. Alcohol and some pure water. And that is all! Your air freshener is ready. You can spray them on sofas, curtains, and doors. This way, you keep germs and odours away from household surfaces and enjoy the fresh and soothing aroma.
Maybe most of you are already using baking soda for purposes because it’s great for cleaning but did you know that it’s even better for deodorising? The study also states that baking soda is a master when it comes to removing nasty odours.
- To use it as an air freshener, dump baking soda into a container, put this anywhere, and it will absorb a nasty odour.
- You can fill baking soda in a sachet and put it in the drawer or closet. Yes, it will give you the same benefits.
- Simply sprinkle it on the surface like carpet and upholstery, leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, and then vacuum it.
Do you like the smell of coffee? Me too! Well, coffee is another excellent way to make your home smell nice. You can use it to deodorise your home and clean the smell at the source. Start by placing some damp coffee grounds on the scratch, and then work them in with a cotton swab. Let the ground sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then wipe with a clean, soft cloth. And this is it!
Some Other Things That You Should Look For If You Notice That Your House Is Smelly:
- Make sure no shoe in the house accepts indoor shoes only. Yes, because shoe tracks in dust and dirt smells.
- Vacuuming your sofa, carpets, upholstery and other soft areas on a daily basis.
- Empty your garbage on a regular basis because it leads to a nasty odour.
- Combine vanilla, cinnamon, citrus orange, and cloves and boil them. It smells incredible and makes your home smell fantastic too.
- Open windows and doors to allow clear air and sunlight. It really helps to make your home smell fantastic.
Note* You don’t have to keep doors or windows constantly open; just leaving a small crack will improve air circulation throughout the day to bring fresh air into your home and stale air out.
Enjoying fresh air in the home is another way of ensuring you can Be Well, Stay Well. This is just a minute DIY hack that helps you make your home smells perfect and fresh. So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!