If you’re alive and kicking, you may have heard of the acronym “SEO”, and what the letters stand for. But, do you know the meaning of the term? Especially “SEO for plumbers”, itself? We’re here to enlighten you on that, mate. We’re going to give you a brief intro to SEO and answer some important questions you have on it regarding your plumbing business. Here we go!
What is SEO, and why is it relevant for your business?
As you know, SEO stands for search engine optimisation, and refers to the procedure taken to optimise a website so that it appears at or near the top of search results for terms related to your particular business (in this case: plumbing). This involves finding the right keywords, creating content that potential customers want to read, developing the site structure, building backlinks and much more.
Why do plumbers need SEO?
There are several benefits to using SEO services for plumbers, or an SEO agency. What do you have to look out for, when it comes to getting the best SEO for plumbers? Here’s a list to keep in mind:
- Increase in bookings for your plumbing business
- Increase in traffic to your website
- Making people aware of your company, especially in your area
- Growth in the number of customers
- Increase in revenue for your plumbing business
A little explanation on making people in your service areas aware of your brand: this is called “local SEO for plumbers,” and it’s quite powerful. By including the city, region, or area you serve in the keywords used on your website, those who are currently living or working there can see you in their search results. Of course, they must be searching for plumbing services and using relevant terms.
How to get to the top of Google rankings
If you’re a plumber looking to get to the top of Google’s search rankings, then you need to make sure you’re using the right SEO tactics. While there’s no magic formula for guaranteed success, there are certain strategies that can help give your website a boost:
- Make sure your website is optimised for mobile devices and that it loads quickly. Google favours websites that are mobile-friendly and fast, so this is an important step.
- Focus on creating quality, keyword-rich content that is relevant to your target audience”. This means writing blog posts and articles that use the keywords that people are actually searching for when they’re looking for a plumber. Google will favour websites with fresh, original content that is relevant to users’ searches.
SEO does seem like a black art to some, but it’s straightforward in many areas – keywords being
one of them. What you’re doing by including these terms that come up often in search results is
increasing the chances that your website will come up in those search results. Users basically type
in what service they’re seeking, often describing it in similar terms, for example: “fix leaking toilet
cistern”, or “blocked drain”.
- In addition to content, plumbers should also make sure their website is well-designed and easy to navigate. A user-friendly website will encourage people to stay on your site longer, which helps to improve your ranking.
- Plumbers should also take advantage of local SEO techniques like listing their business on Google Maps and adding reviews and testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Build backlinks (linking your website to a high-authority website in your field) to your website from high-quality websites. This helps to improve your website’s authority and can boost your ranking significantly.
By following these tips, you can give your plumber SEO efforts a real boost and stand a better chance of getting to the top of Google’s search results.
Are you a plumber looking to get to the top of Google rankings? If so, then you need to make sure you’re using SEO (search engine optimisation) techniques. However, it can be a bit of a challenge to do SEO on your own. That’s where our plumber SEO services come in. At Tradie Web Guys
, we want to help with your success story with our SEO services for plumber websites. Contact us on 1300 417 297 for more information, or fill out a web form
to take our free opportunity assessment. We’ll get back to you at the earliest! Let us show you how we can help improve your online presence and grow your business!