Do you want to know packers and movers charges in advance? Wanna set your moving budget to save money on your move? Well, you have reached the right place. Read the best tips to create a moving budget for your next move.
A relocation is an expensive event. From packing your goods to transporting them safely to the desired location, every stage costs money. And this is why it’s important to have a moving budget. Otherwise, you will spend too much on your move which is not required. To help you avoid spending surplus charges on your move, here are the best tips to set a moving budget.
Basic Things to Consider
Before you set your moving budget, a few things should be taken into consideration. In this blog, I will let you know the basic things that you should consider.
Do you need packers and movers services?
House shifting is a tough task. If you want the services of packers and movers in India then you will have to pre-plan for it. Neither it’s easy to book their services nor do they come at cheap rates. So, booking them in advance will be advantageous in both ways.
If you want to have the best home shifting experience then book credible movers and packers near you. But before hiring moving services, you will have to figure out what type of services you need. Moving companies offer complete door-to-door relocation services. And, they determine their charges according to the type of services you are availing of.
Here is the list of services offered by movers and packers. Decide what type of service you need: –
- Packing services
- Sharing transport service / dedicated vehicle for goods transportation
- Full-packers and movers services
- Unpacking services
Your mover will estimate charges according to the services you will be availing of.
- Packing services will cost approx. Rs. 2000 – Rs. 3,000 for 1BHK house shifting.
- If you will transport your goods in a shared truck then it will cost around Rs. 3,000 – 4,000. A dedicated truck will cost around Rs. 5,000 – Rs. 7,000 for 1BHK goods for up to 30km.
- Full packers and movers service for 1BHK shifting will cost approx. Rs. 6,000 – Rs. 11,000 up to 30km.
Removal companies determine their rates according to your requirements and demands. Also, packers and movers charges vary from company to company because of their parameters.
Doing It Yourself Expenses
Doing it yourself is neither easy nor cheap. Just like packers and movers services, you will have to bear some other expenses for transporting your goods. If you have planned for a DIY move then let’s know what type of expenses you will have to bear. And, how to set your moving budget for a DIY move.
Considering the following expenses to set your budget: –
- Truck rental – charges vary according to the size of the truck.
- Packaging materials – will cost approx. Rs. 1000 – 2000.
- Traveling expenses – such as flight tickets, cab tariff, train tickets, whatever medium you have chosen for commuting.
- Food and snacks – are the obvious things that you will be needing during your move. Consider the expenses because these are the type of expenses people always overlook.
- Rental equipment charges – depends on the type of moving equipment and technologies you will be needing to move your heavy items.
- Labor cost for loading and unloading goods – one labor can cost around Rs. 600. Multiply the figure by the number of laborers will need to load and unload your goods.
So, these are the expenses that you should consider to set your budget for a DIY move.
How to Calculate Accurate Moving Cost?
It is not easy to calculate the accurate moving cost without having the proper information about your move. Also, packers and movers charges vary from company to company. However, you can still calculate the estimated cost by using a cost calculator tool.
At any online portal, you will find a home shifting cost calculator. Just submit your moving details and get the cost estimated within a few minutes. Enter your name, phone number, location – source and the destination, and type of move. All these details will help the movers to estimate the approximate charges. Immediately, you will receive the estimated price over your phone. No, this isn’t packers and movers quotation but an estimated price of moving companies.
This will give a fair idea of the trending prices in the market for the particular type of move. You can then easily set your moving budget.
Whether hiring professional movers and packers or doing it yourself, by setting your moving budget in advance you can save a lot of money during your move. You will get an idea of where to spend and where you can save. So, use the cost calculator tool to estimate packers and movers charges and set your moving budget.
Author Bio:- Vishal