If case you are planning to move to or from Chennai then this blog is going to help you out in a lot of ways. It is always better to be safe than sorry so you should be prepared and take all the precautionary measures so that you don’t have to face any fire related issues in the house during the process of the move. it would be advisable to hire packers and movers in Chennai so that you are able to focus on other important things as well.
It should be your own concern when you are planning to do this on your own, it should be your priority when you are finally planning to do this. Relocating houses are more likely to catch fire because you leave some or the other pieces of packing paper here and there or maybe near some heat like a fire place/ lamp that is already heated from the outer side/room heater and the like. The packing supplies work as fuel for these supplies so it is always better to keep them away from all these places.
1. Pick up all the packing supplies properly
When you are planning to move then there are a lot of flammable supplies around that you use to pack your belongings for a secured move and so that your belongings also remain safe. It is very important for anybody to be a bit specific about things that are important for you so that you are able to do it in a specific way at least.
It is going to be a very specific thing for you and the people who are moving with you. cadboard boxes and packing peanuts are likely to catch fire very quickly so you should always be careful about about all these things.
If you are moving during Diwali days then you will have to be even more careful about these things at least for the first time.
2. Stay focused towards the security and safety
If you are moving during the festive days then it would be better if you stay focused on things that are essential for you then you will be able to get it in time for sure. It is very important for you to do this for yourself as well. It is going to be very important for you as well if you are trying to do this from your own self. This is going to be very important for you if you are planning to do this on your own as well.
If you don’t take the fire thing seriously then you will not be able to win over other things that are important for you and the people around you.
3. Cook with safety
If you are moving during the festive season then it would be better for you if you look at things in a proper way and take thing seriously at the same time as well. Kitchen is the place from which maximum of the fire hazards take place:
• Stay in your kitchen when you are cooking
• In case you have to leave the kitchen then it would be better if you turn off the burner
• Keep all the flammable items away from your kitchen including kitchen towels and grocery bags
• Check your food in regular intervals when it is boiling, roasting or baking
• If you are multitasking at the time of cooking like looking after the people who are cooking then you should set a timer for that so that you don’t end up doing anything like that.
• If there is any grease then clean it properly because it is a fire hazard as well
• Put the lid over your pan so that you are able to see it properly throughout
• If the stove is there at the back them it would be better if you keep the handles in that way only
• There should be a kid’s free zone in the kitchen and you should set a line that cannot be crossed by your kids.
4. Be careful when it come to using holiday candles
All the festivals are celebrated with lights and candles so you should always be create about such thing when you are doing this on your own. It is very important for you to do it carefully if you are planning to do this on your own.
• Make sure nothing is near the candle that can catch fire or something
• Don’t ever keep candles in the area where you are going to do the packing
• Arrange for candle holders so that your candles are always still and doesn’t trip
• Blow out all the candles when you leave your house or plan to do something else
• Replace all the candles that are real with the ones that are frameless.
5. Go for a safe decoration this time
Whenever there is a holiday approaching at you then you start thinking about the lights that you are going to put this time on during the festivities. It is ultimately going to be very useful for you if you plan things well and go for the ones that are going to be useful for you and the people around. It is should be your priority before anything else. It is going to be very useful for you as well.
• The fewer lights you have the more convenient to be because it will include lesser risk
• Inspect everything properly for damaged sockets and everything over there
• If you have any broken lights then don’t put them back for the display so that there isn’t any risk of fire or anything.
• If you are planning to hang the lights then you should always hang them properly
• Unplug all the lights when you leave your house and when you go to sleep
• Check the wires properly and make sure that they are not warm to be touched.
These are a few things that are you need to be aware about while planning your move. if you think that you will not be able to do it on your own then it would be better if you hire movers and packers in Chennai!
Have a happy and safe move!