Vakrasana yoga is a wonderful yoga pose. This asana is made up of two words, Vakra means “sloping” and Asana means “yoga”. When you practice the method of Vakrasana, your spine is curved or bent hence it is known as Asana Spinal Twist Pose and Half Spinal Twist Pose.
Vakrasana is a simple yoga asana, and this asana helps you stretch the muscles of the lower abdomen, and this asana benefits body parts such as the liver, intestines, testes, kidneys, ovaries, pancreas, and stomach.
Vakrasana benefits all those people who are suffering from diabetes, and if you keep practicing Vakrasana regularly every day, it will go a long way in eliminating belly fat.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can join the 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh.
Method of Vakrasana:
- First, sit on a pedestal and spread your legs.
- Bend your left leg at the knees and then place your foot near the right knee.
- Exhale and then bend your waist to the left and keep in mind that your spine remains straight.
- Then, place your right hand on the left foot, and place it in such a way that the outer side of the right-hand touches the outside of the left foot.
- Take your left hand back and place your palm on the floor.
- And then again, you need to do the same on the other side.
- You can practice Vakrasana 3 to 4 times.
- While practicing “Vakrasana Vidhi” you should exhale while rotating the body. Do not inhale in a hurry, try to breathe calmly and slowly, and try to maintain the posture in the final position.
- And while you are returning to the starting position, keep breathing.
Benefits of Vakrasana:
- For the spine:- Vakrasana yoga is beneficial for the nerves of your spine and back. When you practice Vakrasana, it helps to create tension and pressure on the muscles and nerves of your back and spine. It improves the muscles and nerves of your back and spine.
- Makes the lungs strong:- Vakrasana is beneficial for our lungs, it is an important part of the body. The more oxygen that goes into our body with the breath, the more healthy the body remains. Hence, it helps in improving the health of our lungs.
- It helps in treating other health problems such as neck pain, back pain, and headache.
- This asana helps to a great extent in increasing the flexibility in the body and reducing stiffness in the body. Especially those who have a muscular body should practice Vakrasana.
- This asana benefits those people who are suffering from the problem of diabetes. When you practice Vakrasana, it massages the abdominal organs.
- And it also helps a lot in treating health problems like arthritis, diabetes, and constipation. People who have diabetes problems should practice Vakrasana daily.
- It is beneficial for people with slipped discs and mild cases of sciatica.
- This yoga is extremely beneficial for those people who are going through back pain. Especially people who are having pain due to back and forward bending yoga asanas.
- This asana helps to cure the problem of headaches. And when you practice Vakrasana, it greatly helps in circulating blood to various organs which includes our brain.
- This asana helps in improving the digestion process due to the rotation and contraction of the digestive system, our digestive system releases more digestive juices which enhance the digestion process.
- This asana enhances bladder health and prevents urinary infections. Also, this asana helps in ensuring the flow of blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the urinary tract.
- The parts of our body which benefit from Vakrasana are the back, arms, spine, abdomen, and shoulders.
A 300 hour yoga teacher training in rishikesh provides knowledge about different yoga & meditation techniques.
Caution in Vakrasana:
When you are practicing Vakrasana yoga, try to reduce the movement in the back area. This will help you practice Vakrasana in a much better way and help you get maximum Vakrasana benefits. While practicing Vakrasana yoga, make sure that you do not put extra pressure on the area of your spine. Do it the right way.
- Your back should be straight while practicing Vakrasana yoga.
- Do not practice this asana if there is a spinal injury.
- If you have a hernia then do not do this asana.
- Avoid asanas when there is back pain.
- Do not do asanas if you have a peptic ulcer.
- And do not practice this asana after two to three months of pregnancy.
- Avoid practicing this asana if you are suffering from knee pain.
- Do not practice this asana if you are suffering from heart or brain problems.
- And do not practice this asana in case of abdominal surgery.
- Do not practice it if you have stomach pain.
- Do not do this even if you have neck pain.
Asanas Before Practicing Vakrasana Yoga:
Breathing process in Vakrasana:
- In this posture, while exhaling, you bend the waist on one side.
- Keep in mind that inhale slowly and exhale slowly.
- And after that take a long breath and come to the starting position.
- This yoga requires more flexibility in the body, if a person is flexible, then he can do it easily.
- Your back should be stable while practicing this asana to get the maximum benefits of Vakrasana.
- While practicing Vakrasana, the final position of the asana should be done correctly and one should keep the back straight.
- And this asana is one of the best asanas for the spine.
- This asana is wonderful for diabetic patients, apart from this it is also good for people suffering from spondylosis, anorexia, menstrual disorders, cervical, dyspepsia, and constipation.
- This asana helps to supply oxygen and nutrients. Along with this helps in increasing the blood circulation in or pelvic region. It is good for fertility in females.
- Whenever you practice Vakrasana yoga, keep in mind that you do it in the right way and you do it keeping in mind the caution and benefits of this asana.
Apart from this, you can try different yoga asanas like savasana, Matsyasana, and Shashakasana to speed up your recovery & get well soon.