Go anywhere, blinds and curtains are an indispensable part of interior décor. However, we need to understand that these two products are not the same thing. They have different applications and different utilities. The modern-age automated blonds or curtains are much more attractive than the traditional ones.
Automated or semi-automated Curtains and blinds are utilized to cover the windows at offices, hospitals, and homes. They entice human eyes and include sizzle to the interiors of your home. Window blinds include comfort in people’s daily lives, and they turn into superb choices for people who love luxury and style.
Kinds of Window Blinds
A few popular kinds of window blinds are:
- Venetian blinds: Venetian blinds are well-known in resorts as they propose a tropical appearance to rooms. You can use these blinds for every style of room décor as they complement all types of interiors.
- Roman blinds: These blinds are created from fabric and they allow the ideal amount of sunlight to get into your house.
- Vertical blinds: Vertical blinds turn into a well-known choice for offices and commercial buildings. They can be maintained easily and found at pocket-friendly prices.
- Panels: The sliding panels turn into an excellent option for sliding glass doors, patio doors, and oversized windows.
- Roller blinds: Roller blinds are used in kindergarten or primary schools as they are found in different patterns and designs.
Kinds of Window Curtains
Some prevalent kinds of window curtains are:
- Rod-pocket: Rod-pocket curtains are also called pole-pocket drapes, and they are made by forming a casing. It passes over the rod of the curtain. Hence, you are not needed to use rings.
- Pencil pleat: Pencil pleat curtains are the most classic and common kinds of curtains that people use to get a simple and casual look. The pleats of pencil pleat curtains are created by assembling folds. You can pull tight or let lose the pencil pleats by using strings.
- Tab-top: Tab-top curtains are ideal for casual set-ups, and they are created with flat loops. You can draw and close these curtains without pulling cords.
- Grommet-top and ring-top curtains: They are contemporary-style curtains. Grommets are rings that remain fixed into the fabric whereas ring-tops have rings that remain attached to the drapes.
The final word
Blinds and curtains are much more than being décor of your home only as they block out light, provide privacy, and insulate against the heat and cold. Again, curtains also contribute to the dampening of noise. Rooms that don’t have curtains look unwelcoming and cold; hence, people always prefer them. Some people fail to find out the differences between window blinds and curtains. The chief difference between them is their coverage. Blinds cover a window directly whereas you hang curtains in front of a window. Both blinds and curtains are now automated which makes homes much smarter and more gorgeous.