Just as a good backpack is important for school, so is a good laptop. A bad laptop can slow you down, ruin your concentration and waste your time — not to mention your money.
This guide will help you choose the best laptop for school work, whether it’s a powerful device for gaming or a cheap Chromebook that’s great for taking notes in class. There are plenty of fantastic options on the market, so be sure to read on and see what’s best for you and your budget.
Of course, the best laptop for you will depend on your needs and budget.
Of course, the best laptop for you will depend on your needs and budget. For example, if you are looking for a powerful machine that will allow you to run multiple programs at once, then a high-end gaming laptop might be the way to go. But if all you want is something simple to help with school work and not much else, then an ultra-portable Chromebook (or even a tablet) would work great!
So when buying a laptop online or in store, think about what kind of device will fit your lifestyle best. Do not just go by price alone—if money were no object we could all buy an iMac Pro with 128GB RAM and 1TB SSD storage! Just remember: The more expensive laptops often come with better specs but also higher prices; there is no point spending $1k+ on something just because it has more “blah blah” than another model—unless it meets all your requirements and needs perfectly
How to find the right laptop
To find the right laptop for your needs, you need to consider several factors.
- What are your needs? A lot of people will ask what they should be looking for in a laptop, but it can be hard to know exactly what those needs are without first thinking about why you’re buying a laptop in the first place. Do you need something lightweight and portable? Or do you want something with lots of power and battery life? Are there any specific programs or software that will be compatible with this computer? You should also consider whether or not these preferences will change over time as well (for example: if I’m going away for college next year, then I’d probably want my current laptop upgraded soon anyway).
- What is your budget? Many manufacturers sell affordable PCs under $500; however, more powerful computers often cost closer to $1,000 or more—and some models can even reach prices over $3,000! While these higher-end machines may seem worth their price tags at first glance (especially if they’ll last through multiple years), there may be better alternatives available within your budget range if necessary: just keep looking until you find one that works best for both now and later down the road!
- What is a style like? If style matters most when choosing which type would work best for schoolwork then go ahead and look through all available options before making any final decisions on which model best suits your needs today—it may take some trial and error before finding which brand offers good value without sacrificing quality components.”
How we chose these laptops
To find the best laptops for school, we started by researching the best laptops of 2019. We looked at a variety of factors: battery life, screen quality and size, keyboard feel and layout, build quality, and processor performance.
We then narrowed down our list to models that were designed specifically with students in mind. After all—you need a laptop that’s durable enough to withstand being carted around campus between classes and can handle daily life on campus (like typing up papers).
What to look forward to
- What to look forward to
- What’s next?
The best lightweight laptop
For a student, the best laptop is one that’s lightweight, portable, and affordable. You’ll want your device to be easy to carry around campus or to take home after a long day of class.
A good rule of thumb is that if your laptop weighs more than two pounds, it’s too heavy for long-term use as an everyday student computer. If you’ve got a particularly large bag, this can add up quickly—so go for something lighter where possible!
Another benefit of lightweight laptops is that they’re less likely to break when dropped or bumped around in transit. This can save you from having to replace your machine after just a few months of use—a costly prospect when buying new tech gear out of pocket every year or two!
Finally: make sure whatever computer you choose has enough power for what you’re going to do with it (for example video editing vs simple word processing). While there are many models on the market designed just for this purpose (they’ll say so right on the box), most laptops made by major manufacturers like HP & Dell offer simple configurations that will suffice even if all else fails
The best 2-in-1 laptop
2-in-1 laptops are a great choice for students because they’re lighter and more portable than traditional laptops. You can use them as a tablet, or flip the screen around to get more screen space when you need it. Because 2-in-1s have touchscreens built-in, they can be used for taking notes with pen input or styluses, drawing on the screen with an active stylus (like the Surface Pen), and interacting with touch menus.
2-in-1s usually cost more than regular laptops because of all these features—you’re paying more for both portability and versatility. Plus, these devices often have lower battery life than normal notebooks do because of their flexible designs; however, if this isn’t an issue for you then there’s no reason not to go ahead and buy a laptop that converts into something else!
The best premium ultrabook
If you want a laptop with a touchscreen, look for one that has the Windows 10 operating system. If you want to use the stylus to write or draw on your screen, get a laptop with an active digitizer and compatible software.
If you want to log in using your fingerprint instead of typing in a password each time, look for laptops with fingerprint readers (which are usually located on the keyboard). When shopping for this feature, be sure that it’s compatible with Windows Hello and supports biometric authentication from within applications such as OneDrive or Microsoft Edge.
If you need a webcam so others can see and hear you during video calls or Skype calls, look for one that has HD video capability (720p resolution is standard) and an integrated microphone array so that audio quality is crisp even when there’s background noise around you. A built-in 720p web camera will provide clear video images during face-to-face interactions over Skype or other services as well as in presentations given via collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams or Google Hangouts Meet.
The best budget Chromebook
If you’re looking for the best budget Chromebook, look no further than the Acer Chromebook 11 N7 (CB311-8HT). The CB311-8HT is a lightweight 2.9-pound laptop that comes with an 11.6-inch display and is easy to carry around campus. The Chromebook also has enough storage space for your homework: up to 16GB of internal storage and 100GB of Google Drive cloud storage for two years with every new device purchase.
The big advantages of using a Chromebook over other laptops include its low price point—the CB311-8HT retails for $199—and ease of use: Everything is done through the Chrome browser or the Google Play Store on the internet, eliminating any need for extra programs or software installations on your part. For example, if you need to write an essay in Microsoft Word but don’t want to spend money buying Microsoft Office Suite ($70), all you have to do is download Google Docs from their website and start writing!
All of these options are great picks for students.
The best laptops for school work are a mixed bag of budget and premium options.
To find the best laptop for college students, you need to consider:
- Price: How much money do you have to spend on your laptop
- Size: How portable do you want your computer?
- Performance: How quickly do you need things to run on this computer?
we’ve covered a range of laptops that we feel are suitable for students. Whether your needs are simple or demanding, there is a laptop on our list that will suit you. Take the time to decide what features and specs are most important to you and then find the best match—you can’t go wrong!