Children are gifts to society. Whenever you sit in the middle of a bunch of children, the environment will never get short of any amazement. The children are sure to keep you engaged with their plays and activities, sometimes mischief. And they will listen only to you. You may wonder how fantastic it would have been if you could get such a job in the Child Care sector. Well, in Australia, the child care sector is an arena where opportunities are increasing every year. If you Want to get better employment opportunities in this sector then you should have better child care certification.
As quality child care is highly crucial to the community, child care courses are offered at different Australian colleges, both online and offline. One such introductory child care course is Certificate III in Early Education and Care.
What Are The Basics of a Certificate 3 in Childcare Perth?
If you are passionate about starting your career in the child care sector, the Certificate III in Early Education and Care is the perfect course for you. But before you apply, you should know the following basics of a Certificate III in Early Education and Care course in Perth.
- Workers educated with this course work in a range of early childhood education setups. Their job requirements meet the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Quality Standard. They provide support for applying advanced learning framework and children’s well-being, development, and learning. Based on the education setting, workers may work autonomously or under supervision.
- The duration for the Certificate III in Early Education and Care is generally 52 weeks, where you will study for 48 weeks and get holidays for 4 weeks. Depending on circumstances, the duration can get extended up to 18 months. For a full-time course, you have to attend two days each week for classes. Class days per week vary from campus to campus.
- The course is offered in two formats: classroom learning and traineeship. But traineeships are only permissible for students who work with a regular child care provider for a minimum of 15 hours per week.
- To complete the course, you will need to spend at least 120 hours of vocational placement in any registered childcare centre. One day of training each week is enough.
What Does The Course Cover?
In this course, you will learn the essential knowledge and skills you have to implement while working as an early childhood educator in a school or any childcare centre or as a day-care worker in a private residence or childcare centre. If you work as an educator, you will design an academic plan for children, which will aim at their overall development from a very early age.
A total of 18 study units are taught in the course, of which the number of core units is 15, and the rest 3 are elective units. ‘Provide care for babies and toddlers, ‘Ensure the health and safety for children, ‘Develop cultural competence’ are some of the core units covered in the course.
What Are The Advantages of Certificate 3 in Childcare?
Advantages of Cert 3 childcare course at a reputable institution are as follows:
- Your professional success will be based on your basic knowledge. The more you know the basics, the more chances will be there to get success. In this course, you will learn that fundamental knowledge and techniques will give you plenty of career opportunities, from early childhood educator to day-care worker.
- You will not only develop your theoretical knowledge but also practical hands-on learning from top quality experts. Practical skills are more required in the professional sector, as you have to be ready to face any situation.
- You have to complete vocational placement training at any registered child care centre in Australia for 120 hours. Just repeating the previous point, practical experience for such a prolonged duration will give you enough confidence to work in an occupational setting.
- You can complete the course within one year or one and a half years, and after that, there will be an ample amount of job opportunities. Precisely, studying for less than 2 years is giving you such placement offers.
- Academic qualification for this course is not also very demanding. Just a high school completion certificate is enough for enrolment.
- After this course, you can go for the Diploma course in childcare. If you want to study further, this path is the most suitable for you. The diploma course teaches some advanced skills. If you have already held a certificate 3, that will contribute to the betterment of your understanding.
- Finally, you will get such a job that will be satisfying from an economic perspective and very rewarding. You can create a significant impact on young and fresh minds through your teaching.
What are the job opportunities you can go for?
Abundance of job opportunities will be available once you complete the course and jump onto the professional world. The most common of these jobs are early childhood educator, assistant teacher, preschool teacher, childcare worker, or childcare centre manager.
As an early childhood educator, you will be responsible for planning and organizing curriculum for the students and engaging them in different activities to develop themselves physically, mentally, as well as socially. It’s better if you are naturally very patient and caring. Caring for children will also involve discussion with their parents too.
The role of a day-care worker is to take care of infants or toddlers in a given set of environment where the children are not getting respect from their parents. You can either work in a private residence or a childcare centre.
Though managerial jobs will be better available after completing the diploma, you can still apply for the post of childcare centre manager. This job is quite busier, but as a manager, you will look over the planning and execution of students’ curriculum and inspire your staff.
Perth in Western Australia is a beautiful city for its academic environment and work climate. You can easily search for different childcare courses in Perth and enrol on a suitable course that can meet your choices.