MS ERW Square & Rectangular Pipes are also called, Rectangular Hollow Section (RHS) or Square Hollow Sections (SHS). These are used for general engineering and structural purposes. The process of manufacturing is by ERW (Electric Resistance Welded). However, in some cases Square & Rectangular Seamless Pipes may also be used.
In the world of infrastructure, mild steel (MS) pipes have an important place. MS rectangular tubes are pipes made from steel, which has a carbon content of less than 0.25%. There are different grades of mild steel depending upon the carbon content present in the steel. Other elements may be added to this steel for enhancing its corrosion resistance, wear resistance and tensile strength. The high level of weldability and machinability of this type of steel makes it highly suitable for a range of applications including piping and tubing.
Top Features of Rectangular MS Steel Pipes
- These steel pipes have high tensile strength.
- Owing to the presence of a high amount of iron and ferrite, they have magnetic properties.
- They have a lifespan of many years, but they will get oxidized if they are not properly coated with the right materials.
- They are more affordable in comparison to other steels.
- They are easy to weld and customize according to different requirements.
Various Applications of Rectangular MS Steel Pipes
- They are used for structural purposes such as making industrial sheds. Rectangular MS pipes can be used for making strong frames and the shed can be completed with steel sheets.
- They are used for making bridges.
- They are used extensively in making radio masts and telecom towers.
- They are used in creating a mine roof support system.
- They are needed for constructing scaffoldings.
- They can also be used for constructing fences.
There are a number of leading producers of MS pipes and tubes. They are experts in manufacturing Pipes, Tubes and Hollow sections for different usages in transportation of water, air and gas, Mechanical, Structural applications and General Engineering purposes under the Bureau of India Standards for IS 4923, IS 1161 and IS 1239, IS 3601. These pipes are produced with hot rolled coils from world class suppliers that ensures top-of-the-class quality.
These seamless pipe manufacturers of our country are engaged in offering the clients from various sectors a broad spectrum of MS Rectangular Pipe that are also used to make frame of window and door. These square and rectangular tubes and pipes are designed for fulfilling the wide demands of water conveying applications in residential, commercial and industrial sectors. Crafted square tubes are checked on various parameters under the supervision of quality experts before the final dispatch from the manufacturing unit. These tubes are catered in varied specifications keeping in mind the needs of customers from variable industries.