Global Pediatric Bed Market: Overview
- Pediatric patients require products to fit their size and level of comfort. Pediatric beds are designed for infants, toddlers, and young children who are patients in healthcare facilities and homecare centers.
- Pediatric beds and their features prevent infants, toddlers, and young children from climbing over the siderails, falling through openings, or being trapped in a way that protect from injury and also facilitate caregiver access during treatment
Key Drivers and Opportunity of Global Pediatric Bed Market
- Rising incidences of preterm births and corresponding efforts to increase their survival rates boost the demand for pediatric bed. According to WHO report 2017, an estimated around 15 million babies are born preterm every year globally. Preterm births are often associated with morbidity and mortalities, which require treatment support in hospitals and nursing homes.
- Birth rate is calculated by dividing the total number of births by the total living population of a given region in a particular year, and is expressed as births per thousand of a population. According to a list published by the World Fact Book, in 2017, several countries exhibited very high birth rates, such as the Republic of Niger (44), Mali (43), Somalia (39), and Uganda (42). Several nations in Africa exhibit very high birth rates; therefore, they also face an increased risk of neonatal issues. Hence, these nations would require extensive investments in prenatal and neonatal care.
- Major manufacturers and marketers of pediatric beds are shifting focus toward emerging economies such as China, India, South Africa, Brazil, and Mexico
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Pediatric Bed Market
- In terms of region, the global pediatric bed market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. The U.S. is a major contributor to the market in the region due to high rate of premature births and presence of a highly structured healthcare industry in the country. According to Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. has high incidence of premature births. In 2017, the rate of preterm birth was 1 in 10 babies.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expanding consistently due to increase in number of infant mortality. The current neonatal and infant mortality rate in India is 29 per 1000 live births and 42 per 1000 live births, respectively. The National Family Health Survey (NFHS) revealed that at least 80% of children in India aged 12-23 months are anemic, and this large base of pediatric population frequently requires hospital treatment, which in turn is driving the demand for pediatric beds.
Key Players Operating in Global Pediatric Bed Market
Major players operating in the global pediatric bed market are:
- Meditek Engineers.
- HARD Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Sigma-Care Development Co., Ltd
- PARAMOUNT BED CO., LTD.
- Stiegelmeyer GmbH & Co. KG