Today we will try to give you all the information related to Padottanasana. Which will help you to get information about this Padottanasana. The practice of this asana is quite simple.
You can practice Padottanasana without any problem by lying on your back with both your legs and arms raised. It is very easy to do this asana, but its benefits are many.
What is Padottanasana?
The human body is a balance of physical, mental, emotional, puranic, and spiritual forces. Indian human beings have perfected and balanced all these powers through yoga which is the natural art of living life so that humans can attain the state of ecstasy.
Yogasanas provide health to the pranic plane in the body and are helpful in achieving the goal. Padmaottanasana is capable of making the body completely flexible and healthy. Due to which you get relief from many types of diseases.
Just as the strength of a building lies in its foundation, so physical energy lies in the spine. There are 33 gotias in our spine and each of these 30 groups has its own sphere of influence. The spine is bent in 5 places, due to which we can bend up-down, right-left, forward, and backward. Back pain and abdominal pain is common problem nowadays.
Due to lack of exercise and due to improper sitting, lifting, the muscles, and ligaments of the waist, the spine becomes weak and severe pain starts with the slightest blow or lifting of weight. In such a situation, the practice of Padottanasana regularly is very effective.
If you want to learn different types of yoga then you can learn a 3 Days Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh.
Rule of doing Padottanasana –
Padottanasana should be done very slowly. While practicing this asana, you should keep feeling happy from the inside. You should practice this asana in the morning, at which time oxygen and vitality are highest in the air at sunrise, so if you practice this asana, then it can prove beneficial for you.
You should practice this asana in the open air or in a garden or in a ventilated room. While practicing this asana, you should pay a lot of attention to your breath. When you practice this asana, at that time when you stretch your body, then breathe in.
After that, when you shrink or compress your body, then exhale. If you do not understand in this way, then you can naturally breathe normally.
You should practice this asana only by laying a thick cloth, a thick sheet, or any other thick thing on the ground. The advantage of laying a thick carpet, sheet, or another thing on the ground is that your energy does not get immersed in the ground.
Method of doing Padottanasana –
- Lying on the back, taunt the legs together. Take both hands behind the head and taunt. Raise both the legs slightly. While inhaling, raise the right leg and left arm parallel to each other – knees absolutely straight. Hands and feet taunt.
- Keep the lower left leg and right hand stretched as well.
- Keep the feet slightly raised. Wait a while
- While exhaling, bring it down towards the head and stretch the legs. You do this very slowly.
- Similarly, raise the left leg and the right hand.
- In the end, keep both the hands and feet together and keep the left hand and feet parallel.
- Keeping breathing normal, stayed for some time. While exhaling slowly come back to normal position. Keep hands behind the head.
- At the end of the posture, rest by bringing the hands forward.
Benefits of Padottanasana –
With regular practice of Padottanasana asana, the navel remains in its place. Digestive power increases. The problem of constipation goes away. When the right leg and left leg are raised, the first part of the large intestine which is on the right side is affected. And when the left leg and right hand are moved up, the descending intestine is affected.
When both the hands and feet are raised together, the oblique intestine is affected. Therefore, all parts of the large intestine are strengthened by this asana. Diseases of the large intestine are eliminated. Elevating the legs reverses the blood flow, which strengthens the waist, spine, and lungs.
Blood flow to the brain increases, memory power increases. Due to reversal of blood flow, heel, leg, physical pain, and back pain are cured. Shoulders are also strong. If you practice deep long breaths by standing with the legs up against the wall for 10 minutes, then many diseases are cured. This cures varicose veins.
Reduces fat: Practicing Padottanasana reduces abdominal fat and strengthens muscles.
Beneficial for women: This asana is very good for women, regular practice of it also brings regularity in menstruation.
Relieves stress: Regular practice of Padottanasana reduces stress, so this asana is very beneficial for a stressed person.
Relief in Diabetes and Piles: The practice of this asana gives relief from the problem of diabetes and piles.
Gas problem away: By doing regular practice of Padottanasana, the problem of stomachache, gas, and indigestion is cured.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can learn the 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training In Rishikesh.
Time to do Padottanasana:
Whenever you start the practice of Padottanasana before you look at the time. Generally, every asana is practiced in the morning time, in the same way, you should also practice Padottanasana in the morning time. With this, you can get the full benefit of the benefits of this asana.
Caution should be taken while doing Padottanasana –
- Before practicing Padottanasana, it is very important for you to know about the harm caused by it. You should practice Padottanasana very carefully on an empty stomach. If the problem of back pain persists, then you should avoid practicing this asana.
- Those who have stomach wounds or have undergone surgery should not do this asana.
- If the pain of hernia is more than this asana should not be done at that time.
- And even if there is a serious illness, this asana should not be done.