The United Arab Emirates is indeed an ideal destination for work, investment, entrepreneurship, education, and life. However, with the implementation of new executive regulations related to the Entry and Residence Scheme for foreigners, the Arab nation continues its stride to be the perfect spot for foreigners. Additionally, the updated scheme announced by the Emirati Cabinet includes new categories as well as broadens the reach of recipients. Furthermore, this project aims at enhancing the country’s tourism, economy, and also educational competitiveness by recruiting and retaining global talent. The new UAE residence visa rules offer several types of visas with simplified requirements in order to foster a sense of stability among residents of the nation.
In addition, the new visa UAE rules provide a single application platform to the individuals without the requirement of a host or sponsor, greater flexibility as well as unrestricted entry till the validity of the visa. Furthermore, it targets to empower SMEs and bring further development in the business sector in the UAE.
Eligible category and criteria under new UAE residence visa rules
- Holds a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in the field of engineering/ technology/ life sciences/ natural sciences from the world’s best universities.
- Special reference from the Emirates Scientists Council
- Possess a valid contract/letter of employment in the UAE
- The acquired job falls under occupational level one or two defined by the Ministry of Human Resources Emiratisation.
- Must have a minimum monthly salary of at least AED 30,0000.
- Should have an educational level of at least a bachelor’s degree.
- Exceptionally talented individuals from the field of art, culture, digital technology sports, innovation, medicine, law, and others.
- A recommendation or approval of a federal or local government entity is mandatory.
Real estate investors
- Must own a property worth no less than AED 2 million.
- Purchases one or more off-plan properties of no less than AED 2 million.
- Must have their company registered in the UAE.
- The established company should fall under the small and medium enterprises (SME) category with annual revenues of AED 1 million or above.
- Must acquire the approval of the Ministry of Economy or the competent local authorities.
- The entrepreneur was a founder or one of the founders of a previous entrepreneurial project with a total value of not less than AED 7 million.
- Must be either distinguished members of international and regional organizations or members of associations of public benefit.
- Received recognition awards in humanitarian fields.
- Volunteered or sponsored humanitarian efforts.
- All doctors/nurses/health workers who are licensed by the UAE health regulatory bodies.
- Students with exceptional academic excellence, those who have obtained high scores either in UAE secondary schools or universities.
- Have graduated from any of the world’s 100 best universities.
Also read the post: Business Setup Process in Dubai Airport Free Zone
Types of residency visas in new visa UAE rules
Golden Residence Visa
With the new amendments brought in by the UAE government, it has become easier for golden residence visa holders to sponsor family members. Moreover, in order to keep the visa valid, the maximum time of stay outside the country has been unrestricted. On the other hand, real estate investors possessing the property of at least AED 2 million can acquire the golden residence visa.
Green Residence Visa
Foreign investors, entrepreneurs, freelancers, and self-employed individuals can acquire the 5-year Green Residency Visa without requiring a sponsor in the UAE.
- Green Residence for investors or partners
Replacing the previous 2-year residency visa, the Green Residence Investors Visa allows established investors or those participating in commercial activities to acquire a 5-year residence visa. In order to procure this visa, the investor needs to provide proof of investment as well as approval for the same. In addition, the approval of the competent local authorities will also be required. However, if the investor possesses more than one license in the UAE, then their total investment will be taken into consideration.
- Green Residence for skilled employees
Expatriates who have a valid employment contract with a UAE company receiving a salary of not less than AED 15,000 are eligible to apply for a green residence visa. Nonetheless, it also includes certain other requirements such as the applicant’s minimum educational level must be a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and also they should be categorized under the first, second, or third occupational level according to the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation.
- Green Residence for freelancers and self-employed
The UAE passionately encourages the freelancing industry and the concept of flexible work models. Hence, witnessing its considerable growth nationwide, the government has introduced the new Green residence for freelancing and self-employment provides a 5 years residency visa for the concerned individuals.
However, the said individuals must first obtain a freelance/ self-employment permit from the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation and also hold a minimum qualification of a bachelor’s degree or specialized diploma. In addition, they must either be able to present an annual income of AED 360,000 for the previous two years or otherwise prove their financial solvency throughout their stay in the country.
New Entry Visa
Individuals can apply for an entry visa without any host or sponsor. Moreover, these visas are valid for 60 days and permit single as well as multiple entries to the UAE for different visit purposes. Furthermore, the applicant can renew them for an equivalent time.
Job Exploration Entry Visa
Just like other visas, the involvement of a sponsor or a host is not needed. The Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation permits the issuance of these visas to individuals categorized in the first, second, or third skill level, provided they hold a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from one of the best 500 universities in the world.
Business Entry Visa
With a Business entry visa, foreign investors and entrepreneurs can easily enter UAE to explore business and investment prospects. Also, they do not need a sponsor or host to enter the UAE.
Any individual who holds a bank balance of $4,000 or its equivalent can apply for a tourist visa. Besides a regular tourist visa, this is a 5-year multi-entry visa that does not require a sponsor. With this type of tourist visa, a person can stay in the UAE for up to 90 days and further extend the stay for a similar period. However, make sure the entire period of stay does not exceed 180 days in one year.
The other kinds of entry permits include the following:
- To visit relatives/friends
- For a temporary work mission
- Study and training purpose
Benefits for family members with the new visa UAE rules
The new UAE residence visa rules provide more benefits to the family members of the UAE residence visa holder. In brief, it is now more convenient for a resident to bring their family members, such as their spouses and children to the UAE. Previously, the age of children was restricted to 18 years, which has now been raised to 25 years. However, there are no age restrictions for unmarried daughters as well as children of determination.
Furthermore, Green Residence visa holders can also bring their first-degree relatives with the same residency visa duration as theirs.
Looking for more information on new UAE residence visa rules? Contact the UAE business experts of Shuraa Business Setup. We have been providing professional advisory services to various business sectors for the last 20 years.
For inquiries, email us at [email protected] or chat over WhatsApp at +971507775554. You can also directly call us at +97144081900.