Do you always think your HP Printer is Offline when you try to print a document from a computer or smartphone? This document is the authoritative guide to understanding why the printer has gone offline and how to restore it using simple approaches.
If you are having trouble printing files, the HP Printer Offline mode, which inhibits further printing. The type of printer and operating system of the computer to which the printer is attached will influence the best way to address the problem, but in general, the remedies are very similar and include a few equivalent procedures. We provide technical guides for printer configuration, error messages, and issues for a number of HP Printer models and series. We give our customers straightforward, step-by-step solutions so they can address typical printing problems on their own. When a printer goes offline, it may be due to inactivity and may typically be resolved by restarting the device, but sometimes the problems are different and require further examination. Let’s start by analysing the problem and then working our way through a solution to get the printer working again.
Why is my HP printer not working?
Determine the cause before proceeding to HP Printer Offline Fix. Here is a list of possible faults that could cause the HP printer to become dysfunctional for a variety of reasons:
- The HP printer is not the default printer.
- As a result of inactivity, the HP printer has entered sleep mode.
- The driver could be corrupted, or the HP printer setup and configuration could be incorrect.
- The printer has been overloaded, or multiple Print Job commands are stuck in the queue.
- The PC and printer may not have wifi or may be connected to separate wifi networks.
- Printer spooler services may be discontinued if an IP conflict arises between a printer and a router.
- Enable the Use Printer Offline Mode option.
- Firewall or antivirus software is blocking the printer connection.
- damaged Windows, deleted files, or outdated drivers
To avoid future issues If your HP printer is offline and you’re having difficulties putting it back online, HP Printer troubleshooting should be done step by step. To that aim, let’s start with the fundamentals of troubleshooting.
How to Fix the HP Printer Offline Problem
To begin, turn off both your printer and computer and unhook all of the cables that connect them. Wait two minutes before reconnecting everything to see if it helps you with HP Printer Offline Fix. Before proceeding with the easy troubleshooting one at a time, ensure that there is no paper jam in the printers and that the hardware components are appropriately inserted.
Every pending print job must Need clear.
- Please press the Start button and type “printers & scanners” into the Search Bar.
- The printer and devices are then selected. Next, choose your HP printer and click the Open Queue button. A popup with a list of pending print jobs will appear; select each one separately and complete it to empty the printer queue.
- When you are on the printer icon, you can also use the right-click menu to pick “See What’s Printing” and “Remove Pending Print Jobs.”
By restarting the computer and printer, you may see if the HP printer is back online. If not, proceed to the next step
Disable the use of an offline printer.
- These methods are only applicable to Windows-based computers.
- In the bottom left corner of the screen, type printers and scanners into the start key.
- Select your HP printer by selecting Printers & Scanners.
- Choose Right-click on the HP printer to see what’s printing.
- Select the Printer tab. then uncheck the utilise offline printer box.
- After restarting the computer, turn it on and ensure that the printer is connected before leaving the box.
The print spooler service may now occasionally cease working owing to a change in configuration or a driver upgrade.
Restart the Print Spooler Services once again
To restart the print spooler service on a Windows PC, please follow these steps:
- The RUN dialogue box will display at the bottom left of the screen if you glance at your computer keyboard and simultaneously press the Windows key and the R key.
- In the Run box, type “services msc,” then press OK.
- In the services pane, locate the print spooler, select it, and then right-click to stop the service.
- Restart the print spooler services as soon as possible.
- After closing the window, check to see if the printer is back online.
Setup the printer’s default settings
If you have moved your laptop or computer or used another printer to print, Windows 10 will set your most recently used printer as the default printer. Please ensure that your HP printer is set as the default printer.
- After selecting Start from the bottom menu, type Printers & Scanners into the search box.
- Click on printers and scanners to access the settings. Then, choose your HP printer, right-click it, and select Set as default printer. Please check the box to make it the default.
- Uncheck the box next to “Let Windows manage my default printer.”
HP Printer Wifi Network Connection
If you run into any problems, look into how to connect an HP printer to a wifi network. Use the wps pin to connect your HP printer to wifi.
Folks Typically, your printer driver does not respond to settings. We recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. Please remove the HP printer from the Printer list after removing the driver.
Reinstall the HP Printer Driver
Please press the Start button and then put device management into the search field.
The device’s management selects Printers from the context menu, then Uninstall. After you click OK to complete the removal of your HP printer driver, your computer will restart.
Install a genuine driver from the official HP website, then reinstall it following the on-screen directions.
Printer IP Conflict Resolution
Although it is uncommon, the problem may occur if your network’s firmware is out of date and your printer shares the same IP address as the router. To resolve this issue, you must upgrade the firmware and log in to the router using its default IP address.
The default IP addresses for logging in and changing router settings are 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. Here’s how to log into an ASUS router and update its settings.
To avoid IP conflicts, you can change or assign the printer a new IP address. You may also contact our support team for assistance in fixing the hp printer offline issue. At newsplana you can find troubleshooting of How to HP Printer Offline Fix.
Firewall and antivirus issues
Recent malware and virus attacks targeted the printer vulnerability directly. Most antivirus applications have been upgraded and expanded to protect the print services linking computers in order to secure the computer using a printer.
It may be difficult due to improved security or an out-of-date software version. Please update your antivirus software to the most current version available. Check out what HP has to say about it.
Clean the machine and install the latest version of Windows
Remove any other printer drivers to avoid software problems. Update Windows and run a full virus scan. If the hp printer down error persists and you are unable to print, you can contact support for further assistance.
References: Fix HP Printer Offline