MRI medical imaging process is pretty common these days. Medical specialists immediately recommend that patients get an MRI scan for a better diagnosis, whether it is a heart-related problem or musculoskeletal pain. However, the problem arises when patients are asked to choose the best MRI scanner for more authentic reports.
MRI technology has gone through multiple advancements in the past few years. This causes a lot of improvement in imaging quality, speed, safety, and accuracy. Hence, finding the right radiology center that uses the best MRI equipment has become challenging. The confusion arises when patients are asked to choose between the two most commonly used MRI scanners – 3 and 1.5 Tesla MRI. However, the former proves to be more advantageous than the latter.
This article is all about the new MRI scanner – 3.0 Tesla. Let’s check out how and why it is better than other MRI scanning procedures.
What is the 3 Tesla MRI procedure?
3T or 3Tesla MRI is a modern scanner that uses stronger magnetic waves for capturing internal body images. Here, T or Tesla defines the measuring unit, used to measure the magnetic strength created by the machine. It is usually 10 -15 times stronger than other MRI scanners and so can deliver high-quality images of the internal body organs. Hence, this 3t MRI scanning machine is highly preferred by many top-rated radiology centers and path labs.
Just browse Google with a keyword like “3T MRI near me,” and you will get numerous results to choose from.
Check out the benefits of the 3.0 Tesla MRI scan.
- Stronger magnetic field: The most obvious reason to opt for the 3 Tesla magnetic scanners is its magnetic field. It is stronger than other low-powered machines. Since it creates a high-potential magnetic field, it receives a more pronounced signal from the body tissues. This contributes a lot to the spatial resolution that, in turn, improves contract detection in the final display.Unlike other MRI scanners, 3T MRIs help doctors to make a better diagnosis. It uses a strong signal penetrating deeper into the body parts where scanning is challenging. For example, the 3T scanner can easily scan the pelvis section of the body. Be it prostate or ovaries, the scanner signal enters deeply and helps doctors to analyze the problem.
- Effective for vascular, neurologic, and orthopedic treatment: Physicians strongly recommend patients to look for 3T MRI centers when they require vascular, neurologic, and orthopedic treatment. This is because the 3T scanners are much better in scanning these internal systems.With the creation of a magnetic field, hydrogen protons in the body start reflecting with the radio frequencies. As a result, bones start reflecting more than the muscles. Moreover, the difference in frequencies also creates a spatial displacement between the fat and water molecules. This denotes how fruitful it is to get a 3.0 Tesla MRI scan instead of a 1.5T MRI that is suitable for diagnosing coronary issues, gastrointestinal tracts, and breast-related problems.
- Faster results: 3 Tesla MRI is well-known for producing faster results. It reduces the overall scan time without hampering the imaging quality. The best thing about this scanner is it puts patient safety first place. Just check out the reliable 3T MRI centers. They have trained radiologists to take care of all patients. It takes hardly a few minutes and ensures that patients can relax the rest of the day.The 3Tesla MRI scan improves the operational efficiency of the radiology center. This is one important reason to find a radiology center that uses 3 Tesla MRI scanners to start the imaging procedure.
- Determine severe health disorders: Doctors often hesitate to come to a conclusion when they suspect any severe health disorder. To ensure that their assumptions are correct, they ask patients to get an authentic MRI report. This is when the 3T scanner plays a vital role.Just Google with the key phrase “3T MRI near me” and get a scanned report immediately. These scanners are perfectly designed to diagnose several health issues like multiple sclerosis or any other complex problem. It measures the sensitivity of the condition and generates a transparent report based on it.
- Better patient experience: Faster results and better diagnosis help physicians choose the right course of treatment. This leads to a speedy recovery, exciting patients to suggest getting a 3T MRI scan to others. Besides, the scanner also excel patient experience during the scanning procedure.
Unlike old MRI scanning machines, the 3.0 Tesla MRI scan has fewer pressure points. This generates less shifting and movement, thereby creating a clearer image in a short time. Moreover, the machine is efficient enough to replace old biopsy machines. Since it uses high magnetic waves, it eliminates the risk of radiative exposure. This again impacts positively on patients’ health.
Drawbacks in 3T MRI scan
- Not suitable for patients with implants: MRIs are not possible for patients with implants. This is because when magnetic waves hit metallic implants, they increase the risk factor. An error is generated, which is technically known as an image artifact. This is why doctors need to know whether patients have any magnetic material within the body. For example, pacemakers, metallic plates, etc.
- Dark shading artifacts: The 3Tesla scanner creates a dielectric effect that causes dark shading artifacts, especially when brain and abdomen scans are done. Such situations are more prevalent in 3T MRI centers where old scanners are used. These machines use poor-quality of coil and radio frequency fields. Such scanners are definitely not good for diagnostic procedures. Make sure you ask this before booking an appointment.
- Not suitable for pregnant women: Physicians say no to 3T MRI tests when they come across any pregnant women. Instead, they ask to get a 1.5 Tesla MRI for a safe scan. According to them, strong magnetic waves are unsafe for unborn babies and may risk the lives of pregnant women. Though it is not proven yet, precautions should be taken beforehand.
- Overheating problems: Experts say patients getting 3Tesla MRI tests often feel hot during scanning. The report says the SAR or Specific Absorption Rate is typically higher than the standard SAR. Although it doesn’t cause any long-term risk, patients feel a burning sensation and become restless. To avoid this, many radiologists provide a squeeze ball that acts as an alarm to stop the process.
What is the difference between MRI and 3.0Tesla MRI scan?
Compared to other MRI scanning machines, the 3.0 Tesla MRI scan is pretty costlier. This is because it comes with a plethora of benefits, as mentioned above. However, price is not a barrier if you want better treatment and faster recovery.
Start searching on the keyword “3T MRI scan near me” and find the most suitable radiology center at a decent rate.
A stronger magnetic field has a greater impact on image quality. It reaches deeper into the body organs and captures images that physicians can easily diagnose. This is the reason why doctors suggest patients look for 3T MRI centers. Their scanned images are extremely helpful for patient treatment.
Not every patient requires a 3.0 Tesla MRI scan. They can even fulfill the purpose with a 1.5T MRI scan. This, of course, depends upon the diagnostic situation. So, consult with your doctor and then fix an appointment with the radiology expert.