In this post, we will explore a technique to unlock VBA project password in excel document. Users looking for a way to unprotect VBA projects in Excel without a password can read this article.
VBA stands for Visual Basic for Applications. It is used by various Microsoft products, most notably MS Excel, to introduce new features and automate common processes. Due to the nature of VBA programs and the need for file protection, most users encrypt VBA programs with a password. On the other hand, VBA passwords are not easy and can be forgotten. The obvious implication is that you won’t be able to access or edit your VBA Excel program. You need an Excel VBA password cracking technique to stop the confusion.
Manual Technique to Unlock VBA Project Password in Excel
In this section, we will cover two ways to unlock an Excel VBA project. One is manual and the other uses third party tools. Users can choose any of these methods as they like.
- Open a new Microsoft Word file
- Now press Alt + F11
- Click Insert and select the module
- Now, Enter the following code in the general window >> Click F5
- Now select the Word file you want to open >> Click to open
- After a few minutes a small popup window will open. Recover the password of the encrypted Word file successfully!
- Now, click OK and close the popup window
- The encrypted file will open
- Then press the File >> tab and select the option to protect the document
- Press the option to encrypt with password
- Just remove the password from the text box and click OK button to unlock the VBA project password from the .doc file
- Next time you can open the document without a password.
Limitations of the Manual Methods
Manual method to unlock Excel VBA project without password is not considered perfect because this manual method always has some limitations associated with it. all of these are:
- The manual method is also verbose and confusing.
- Not for non-technical users
- it took a long time
Automatic Solution to Unlock VBA Project Password in Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010
If the above steps do not work, the user can take advantage of an automated solution for assistance. VBA Password Recovery Tool is one such application. It is designed to recover lost or forgotten VBA file passwords without data loss. The best thing about this tool is that you can remove the old password and replace it with the new password from your VBA project. It has a user-friendly interface and doesn’t require any technical knowledge to use it.
The software also allows users to recover passwords for MS Access VBA macro files in multilingual VBA documents. This tool has the ability to remove passwords from single and multiple VBA files and supports a variety of Office files like .mdb, .accdb for MS Access.
Unlock and Reset VBA Data Password in Excel – via Automatic Solution
- Open the Software and use the Add File or Add Folder button to select the VBA project
- Navigate the VBA file on your PC as shown
- View the added files and click the Reset option
- At the end of the program, the software displays the message “Process restart completed successfully”.
In the blog above, we have mentioned manual and professional methods to unlock VBA project password in Excel. We advise users to choose automated tools because they are safe, reliable and easy to use. on the other hand, the manual process is a bit confusing. It does not provide any guarantee to safely disable VBA passwords.