Outlook is a Microsoft email client that allows users to find what they’re looking for in a variety of ways, including search, files, categories, sorting emails in inboxes, search folders, and so on. PST files are used to store local copies of your Exchange mailbox messages, calendar activities, and other data objects in MS Outlook. These PSTs are not error-free, so keep reading to learn how to repair corrupted Outlook PST files?
When working with PST files, you may receive an error message if the files become damaged. It then obstructs your work and may cause issues. Take a look at the causes of PST file damage before moving on to the methods for Expertise Tool Outlook PST repair. this tool gives you the best result.
What Causes PST Files to Become Corrupted?
Your Outlook PST file can become corrupted or damaged for a variety of reasons. The following are a few of them:
- Viruses and other malicious software: Viruses can infect and destroy Outlook PST files, rendering them useless. It is strongly advised that you install good anti-virus software on your Outlook email system.
- One of the causes of PST file corruption is a power outage.
- MS Outlook flaws: Outlook, like any other piece of software, has flaws. The PST file becomes corrupted when it reaches or exceeds 2GB in size.
- Outlook is being terminated in an unusual manner. You can usually gracefully exit Outlook by saving all of your changes to the PST file and then choosing Exit or Close from the menu. The PST file is at risk of being corrupted or destroyed if Outlook shuts down incorrectly.
- These could be the reasons for the corruption of your PST files. Now comes the question of how to fix them.
What Is the Inbox Repair Tool and How Do I Use It?
This feature is available in all versions of Microsoft Outlook. It’s a built-in feature. It recovers PST files that have been corrupted. As a result, Microsoft Outlook will read them and display the data contained within them. The Inbox Repair Tool is also known as Scanpst.exe. We can look for it in different versions of Microsoft Outlook. Inbox Repair Tool can also be used in situations where Outlook is unable to open your data file or a series of files.
To use the MS Outlook Repair Tool, follow the steps below:
- Close Outlook and navigate to one of the following locations to save your files:
- Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
• SCANPST.EXE should now be open.
• Begin the procedure, click the Start button.
• If the scan reveals any errors, select Repair to start the process of repairing them.
• After the repair process finish, open Outlook from the profile associated with the Outlook data file that just fixes.
The scan creates a backup disc during the repair process. Select Browse to select the file you want to use in the Enter the name of the backup file to change the default name or location of this backup file box. You may need to run the tool several times to fix your Outlook Data File.
What Happens after you’ve Repair Corrupted Outlook PST File?
In the Folder Pane, you may notice a folder called Recovered Personal Folders, which contains your regular Outlook folders, or a Lost and Found folder. During the repair process, any of the files can recreate, but they may be empty. The Lost and Found folder in Outlook stores any folders and objects that the repair tool is unable to restore to their original configuration.
What if the Outlook PST Repair Process still Fails?
That was how to use scanpst to repair corrupted Outlook PST files. MS Outlook Inbox Repair Tool occasionally crashes, and it continues to crash even after repeated attempts. The following are some of the underlying causes:
- Scnpst32.dll is either missing or corrupt.
- The Establishment of a Corrupt Office
- PST files are large in size.
- The data files in Outlook are severely corrupt.
If you can’t figure out how to download scanpst tool or can’t figure out how to use scanpst to recover corrupt pst files, try the following solutions:
- From your computer’s control panel, repair the Office/Outlook program.
- Scnpst32.dll is a file that you can download.
- Install the most recent version of Microsoft Outlook.
However, due to some limitations, Inbox Repair Tool is unable to repair corrupted Outlook PST files such as:
- It only affects the file’s header section: When only minor corruption occurs, such as when the header portion of the file is tamper with.
- It’s impossible to repair PST files larger than 2 GB: Due to file size limitations, repairing and recovering PST files is difficult.
- Data Modification in PST Files: After the process finish, the data may change, and you may end up with a file that is missing important information. As a result, data loss is possible.
- Due to these drawbacks, using scanpst to recover corrupt PST files can be challenging. We also have a professional solution. Outlook PST Repair Tool is a powerful Outlook PST repair tool that can not only recover corrupted data but also restore deleted emails. Users can save the data in a variety of formats after it recovers. The tool scans the PST file for all mailbox items and recovers them in a logical order.
We’ve gone over the functions of PST files in MS Outlook, the reasons why they become corrupted, and how to fix them with Inbox Repair Tool. Even though the process is simple to implement, it does have some drawbacks, which I have already mentioned. As a result, using a professional tool to recover a corrupt Outlook PST file becomes easier. Thank you for visiting the blog and taking the time to read it. I hope it was helpful in resolving your problem. In the future, we will always be here to provide more efficient solutions.
Related page: tech