Do you want to remove password from PST file with attachments? If so, stay connected to this article. Here, we will reveal some methods that can help users to remove password protection in bulk.
Many users store their sensitive data in MS Outlook. But let me tell you a fact, MS Outlook uses PST file format. To make files more secure, some users protect them by setting strong passwords, but sometimes they forget them.
So before trying to unlock PST files randomly, try the solutions I am going to tell you. Don’t worry this method won’t do any harm, I know you must be wondering some questions, can I access my PST file?
Manual Method Remove Password From PST File
There are two fairly detailed manual methods, the third is a great way to delete protected PST files with an automated solution.
- Start MS Outlook on your computer
- On the File button, press Info, then select Account Settings
- The Account Settings window will appear
- Click Data File and select the location of the PST file. Then click on Settings
- The Outlook data file window will open. Click Change Password
- Now all you need to do is enter a new password and then you can unlock the password protected PST file. You can view emails, contacts, attachments, calendars and other items in the file.
Method 2: Recover Outlook PST Password Using pst19upg.exe
Microsoft’s free pst19upg.exe application can be used to crack passwords for PST files. It can be obtained from the internet and used to recover passwords.
- Close Microsoft Outlook on your computer
- Find scanpst.exe on your computer. For example, E. C: \ Program Files \ Common Files \ System \ MAPI \\ scanpst.exe
- Open it and press Repair from the drop-down menu.
Why is the Manual Method Not Suitable?
Manual techniques are complex and require technical knowledge to perform these steps.
- The whole program takes a long time to execute.
- Mistakes can lead to corruption and data loss.
- These steps are too complicated for novice users.
Due to all the limitations of the above manual method, it is recommended to take a more efficient and reliable solution to Remove PST file.
Automatic Solution to Remove Password From PST File
If the manual method doesn’t work, you can use a trusted third-party tool. One such solution is the SysTools PST Password Remover Software. You can use this utility to recover emails from password protected PST without installing MS Outlook application. Enough to recover password from multiple Outlook PST files. This application is designed to recover PST passwords of any length and access locked emails in password protected .pst files. In addition, it supports all types of passwords, namely lost / forgotten or multilingual recovery. It has a graphical user interface that even novice users can use without any technical knowledge.
Understand Full Working – Remove Unlimited Password Protected PST Files
Download and Install PST Remover Software
- Click the Add File or Add Folder option to browse for the data file
- Press the folder that needs further processing and click the [OK] button
- After scanning the data file only, the software will start displaying the PST file and its current status on the software screen
- You can export the same status report that was displayed on the software dashboard in the previous step and save it to CSV file using the Create CSV Report option.
Here in this blog, we discuss how to remove password from PST file. While the manual method seems feasible, it is a time consuming process and not easy for non-technical users to perform. That’s why we took a more professional approach to time utilization and provided several other features.