As technology makes deep inroads into various industries with every passing day, people have got convenience right on their hands by comfortably using on-demand apps on their smartphones. It ticks the right boxes in terms of affordability, 24×7 services, and assurance of high-quality. Entrepreneurs also have taken the idea and tried to launch on demand app.
On-demand apps have thrived in the market because there exists a massive demand-supply gap in various services and users need customized assistance from experienced professionals to fulfill their needs successfully.
As an entrepreneur looking to make his/her presence felt in the booming on-demand industry, it is important to study the market beforehand, analyze the existing competition before developing an on-demand app for any kind of service.
The major sectors where there is expected to be a humongous growth in on-demand apps are transportation, food delivery, home services, education, e-commerce, entertainment, beauty, healthcare, and logistics.
How can entrepreneurs minimize their costs and increase their return on investment by launching an on-demand app?
Launch on demand app for offering on-demand services
- The connected world we live in now is pioneered by powerful smartphones that facilitate real-time sharing of information and data.
- The decrease in Internet costs has made everyone have a smartphone in their hands.
- Hence, outsource your project to launch an on-demand app like Uber to an experienced company.
- They will incorporate a friendly user interface and add the necessary features to make your On-demand service business a resounding success.
Invest in a responsive design
- Customers are impatient these days and want to fulfill their needs quickly.
- This is possible by having an easy-to-use interface powered by an ultra-responsive design.
- The basic tasks of reviewing the prices, booking the appointments, and making online payments should be able to be completed by users fastly.
Eliminate the use of push notifications
- Though push notifications are useful to share important updates and real-time information with the customers, it does not serve any purpose in the long run as it requires significant maintenance efforts.
- Users will anyway check the app regularly to ensure timely fulfillment of their desired on-demand services.
- However, push notifications will be needed in healthcare apps to ensure timely sharing of medical advice by doctors to patients.
Curate a hybrid mobile app instead of a native one
- Hybrid apps are more beneficial than native apps as they are affordable to build, are easy to maintain, offer speedy performance, has an attractive user interface, can be utilized offline and is cross-platform compatible.
- The expenses will be divided into various phases like planning, UI/UX designing, adding the necessary features in the app, testing, deployment, and maintenance of the technical infrastructure.
Manage the backend efficiently
- The developers who are looking to launch on demand app business will face failure if they neglect the importance of maintaining the backend.
- Scalability is needed in the backend to handle more traffic coming from a large user base.
- Take efforts to manage the IT infrastructure and backup all the data in secure cloud platforms.
- API integration is also needed to manage the activities of users and in-app messaging facilities.
- It is better to develop a Mobile Backend as a Service platform that takes care of cloud infrastructure management, integration with different APIs.
- Platforms like Amazon Web Services, Google Firebase, and Kinvey can be used by backend developers.
Decrease maintenance costs
- The maintenance costs increase depending on the complexity of the app.
- Hence, it is better to keep the app simple to avoid extensive maintenance.
- Ask the developers to utilize a simple code to launch on demand app.
- Formulate an agreement with the developers for bug-fixing as part of the warranty or post-deployment stage.
Follow the ideal software development approach
- The duration of software development depends on the kind of features to be included in the on-demand app.
- The right architecture such as an operational server, firewall, app server, and the proxy server must be chosen.
- A “Mobile cloud” approach must be chosen to make the on-demand app highly mobile-friendly. The important tasks of data processing and data storage should be done outside the mobile devices.
- The developers can either create their own APIs using Python or choose relevant third-party/external APIs.
- Post the completion of the software development cycle, the developers have to utilize the right testing tools to remove all technical bugs and glitches from the on-demand app.
Implement multi-layer security measures
- The on-demand app must be highly secure and numerous safety measures should be taken to safeguard the data and funds of the users.
- Incidents like hacking and phishing attacks damage the credibility of the on-demand mobile app causing users to lose trust.
- Some of the must-have security steps are multi-factor authentication, anti-DDoS protection, end-to-end data encryption, anti-virus protection, firewall implementation, and usage of the digital signature.
- Conduct penetration testing to evaluate the overall quality of security of the mobile app.
- Compliance with data protection and information security laws passed by authorities is also a must.
Resolve defects quickly
- Once the QA testing team has found out certain vulnerabilities in the on-demand mobile app, resolve them immediately before the bug becomes too serious.
- The testing team can figure out glitches by conducting a code review, a test plan review, and a technical specifications review.
- If the defects are eliminated early from the mobile app, the entrepreneur will minimize his operational costs in the long run.
Avoid customized graphics and user interface
- The total development cost of the on-demand app will shoot up if customized graphics and interface is used.
- Make sure that the app developers follow the UI/UX guidelines of Google Play Store and Apple App Store to facilitate the hassle-free approval of the mobile app.
- It is best to choose a standard interface and incorporate custom elements (text, image, and animation) only when necessary.
Opt for outsourcing
- Select an expert mobile app development and outsource all the tasks to them.
- Try a ready-made app solution like Gojek clone to launch an on-demand app.
- Go for a fixed budget or choose an hourly-based payment model.
- Having an in-house team is expensive as a lot of costs need to be spent on paying salaries, electricity, and Internet.
On-demand mobile apps are a rage in the market now and will continue to grow strongly in the future. Developers will have to keep in mind new technologies like Augmented Reality (AR), Machine Learning (ML), Artificial Intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and Virtual Reality (VR) to launch on demand app.
The market has matured a lot now ever since Uber established an on-demand revolution in March 2009. This has led to the massive idea to launch on demand app for almost every kind of task in different industries. Follow the above-mentioned tips to reduce your costs on app development and witness huge success in the market soon.