Regardless of how much gaming desktop PCs are known for advanced gaming, gaming laptops have become one of the major devices to opt for, due to their portability factor. Plus, you can get almost similar level of performance now even from a gaming laptop that was once just found on desktop computer. However, some of the concerns that arise after a period of using even the most powerful gaming laptops include the gaming performance getting affected.
Even the most high-profile gaming laptops might not be running at the full potential for AAA gaming. One of the reasons that this happens include the laptop not being operated in a curriculum or some distractions that the user might be unaware of. Alongside typical reasons of why your gaming laptop is not performing as good, there is a whole list of factors that help in making your laptop improve in terms of gaming performance.
Best ways to improve gaming performance on laptop
In this article, we have listed out the top-best ways to improve gaming performance on your laptop. You can simply do it by applying basic methods and changing particular settings in your laptop.
1. Make sure to keep dust away and excess heating of the laptop minimal
This might sound very artificial but keeping your laptop clean can definitely change how your laptop performs, especially during overclocking. Due to processing speeds that range highly, the CPU part of the laptop needs to operate with overclocking in the midst of intensive gaming sessions. This may cause the laptop to overheat. Now, if your laptop has minimum dust and is kept entirely neat, then even during its heating time, it wouldn’t face any error of air passage. The laptop will stay less overheated if you keep it clean and would emit heat waves smoothly out of its system, eventually leading itself to be cool.
2. Game Mode
Nearly every gaming laptop, and some other laptops as well have game mode which automatically adjusts the laptop as per gaming settings. Some systems might start running slow on another activities, but you can turn on the ‘Game Mode’ whenever you start playing a game. This will keep the laptop’s speed adequate while you are running gaming software and can work best for an instant gaming performance boost.
3. Update all the drivers
Yes, you have to know whether your current system drivers are updated or not. If you have not updated drivers, your laptop will eventually start running slow, and you will also start noticing it after a while. In this case, graphic drivers are even more crucial, because if they are not up to mark, your display shows more glitches while you are into the high-end gaming visuals.
Most Windows laptops automatically show updates whenever there is a need of updating system drivers. However, some of the times you may miss it or skip it through the eye. It is always ideal to go to system settings and check whether all the drivers are updated or not. If not, you can simply right click the driver and update the driver by clicking update on the opened dialogue box. Audio and controller drivers should be regularly updated, as well. You can also install the GPU management software, which also good for NVIDIA dedicated graphic cards.
4. Upgrade the Hardware of your Laptop
Aside from desktop PC that can be totally altered with exchanging components, there are some elements that can be upgraded in a laptop, as well. The three hardware upgradations that you can conduct in a laptop are as follows:
- Battery: Since gaming needs more draining of battery life, you can replace your laptop’s battery life. While most gaming fans always complain about how quickly their laptop runs out of battery, this is a solid solution to get over it. You can change your laptop’s battery life with the brand-new battery power that might be even twice times better than the previous one.
- RAM: Your gaming laptop speed most probably depends on its RAM capacity besides processor or graphics. If you have a better RAM, you are capable of more multitasking, plus your gaming background is always stronger. Good news is that you can enhance your laptop device’s RAM easily.
- Storage: Yet another pleasant news is the upgrade of storage that is also possible for the laptop. You can totally add up storage in your laptop for improving your laptop gaming performance to another level. Having more storage in your laptop gives you the freedom to load, run and execute large number of gaming software tools, without any lags.
5. Adjust Power Settings of your Computer
Not every user is aware of the default power settings that currently their system has. Your laptop might be running at a very normal power rate, resulting in a limited performance. What you can do to make it better is advancing the power settings to high performance bar.
To do this, all you need to do is go through the settings from the control panel and then tick mark the ‘High performance’ from the additional settings. Once you done with enabling the high settings, your laptop graphics will automatically perform to their best for any gaming session.
Here are the simple steps you need to go through for activating your laptop to its best settings. You can also only apply these settings when you are going to run a game.
- Go to the search bar and type ‘Power and Sleep Settings’. Click on it as soon as it appears in the menu bar.
- Once the dialogue box opens, look out for the ‘Additional Settings’ option on your right side or in the middle. Click on it to view further settings.
- Just after when you click the ‘Additional Power Settings’, you will get to see two option availabilities including ‘Balanced’ and ‘High Performance’. You can choose or customize your laptop’s power plan by choosing one of the following settings. Click enable the ‘High Performance’ setting to let your laptop speed through gaming like a pro.
6. Don’t let the background apps or programs run while gaming
An enhanced gaming fps speed depends on the load your laptop’s CPU is taking. While playing any game, you can shut off any background operations going on that may cause the processor for unnecessary overclocking.
If you let your system rest even when you are running AAA title game, you will get to see a much better and increased gaming performance. This could be because some apps might be intentionally or unintentionally taking the performance bar of gaming to a low. As soon as you set your processor free from those, the speed will only concentrate on the gaming software.
To firstly check whether your laptop is running additional programs in the background, view the taskbar. From the taskbar, see if any of the programs are running and you can then simply close them out. In addition, you can also view the task manager in your laptop to oversee how tasks are being managed on the laptop.
Any gaming session running smoothly is the best experience a gamer or even a beginner would like to have. Your gaming experience needs to be the best of all as it is one of the most entertaining digital sports you can have. If you have never experienced gains in your gaming laptop performance, we hope you can apply the methods that we just mentioned.