It annoys when you need to listen to music and an error message “Spotify can’t play this right now, If you have a file for your pc you can import it”, seems, time and again get one now.
This error encounters commonly due to troubles in the utility or pc or the unavailability of the songs in a specific area. Due to this mistake, the Spotify app gets sluggish and reasons system defects.
Usually restarting the application and pc can remedy this issue. But if they don’t paint, the following methods will help you in fixing the issue.
Here are a few motives why Spotify can’t play the songs;
Slow Internet Connection: A lot of the time Spotify will forestall playing tracks in case your internet connection is not running or your Wi-Fi maintains disconnecting.
If you face any of those troubles you need to disconnect after which reconnect to your Wi-Fi community or try to restore this problem.
Spotify apps were given frozen: This is the easiest and simple solution to restore the difficulty. Sometimes, the Spotify app receives frozen or some kind of glitch generates this difficulty. But you could restore it via restarting your app.
Crashed System Files: As users, usually choose to use third-party software programs to preserve windows fitness. But now and again, such software detects a few important documents as a bug and crashes them.
That is why Spotify can’t play the songs. So, if you need to fix this difficulty, reinstall the utility.
Corrupt cache: A cache presents a transient garage to the software so it may run smoothly. But from time to time those cache documents get crashed due to overloading or while many packages run at the equal time.
So, you could surely delete those neighbourhood cache files and launch the software easily.
1. Change High-Quality Music Streaming Settings
The incredible streaming characteristic is to be had in the premium provide. If you are the usage of the unfastened club provided, you cannot get the right of entry to this selection.
It will reduce the quality degree and play the tune. So, comply with those steps you may comply with to restore the difficulty;
- So first off, open the Spotify app for your computer. Click on the username at the top proper nook of the dashboard.
- Press the Settings Option. Now scroll right down to Music Quality.
- So, go to Streaming Quality and exchange it for Automatic or a few lower choices.
- Now restart the Spotify app and take a look at if the trouble is resolved.
2. Update the Spotify App
If you are still dealing with the problem, you may replace the Spotify app. Sometimes the antique variations of apps do now not assist the brand new capabilities.
There are possibilities of bugs in it. So, you want to update the Spotify app. Here are a few steps that will help you in updating the Spotify app;
- Open the Spotify app on your gadget. Select Spotify and then click on the About Spotify
- Check if there is any update to be had on the pc.
- Click on Update Now and install the modern-day updates. So, close the software and restart it.
3. Disable Hardware Acceleration on Spotify App
Hardware acceleration allows you in going for walks with this system and app easily. It enables the hardware settings and facilitates meeting the software program necessities.
But every so often, it slows down the app and no longer plays the music. So, the following steps will assist you to disable this selection on Windows and Mac devices.
If you’re the use of Spotify on Windows;
Open the Spotify app and Click on the Three-dotted Menu icon which is present within the top left nook of the dashboard.
So, click on the View after which check whether there’s a Tick mark with the Hardware Acceleration alternative.
If there is any, uncheck this selection. And then restart your utility.
If you are using Spotify on Mac;
- Open the Spotify application. Then click on the Spotify option from the top left corner.
- Go to the Hardware Acceleration alternative and uncheck it get one now.
- Restart the utility and play any music. If it performs the music approach the hassle is constant.
4. Delete Spotify Local File Cache
Cache enables storing the songs briefly. When a consumer desires to play the tune, it comes to the cache and plays it on the gadget.
But as soon as the cache receives overloaded due to songs, it influences the app’s overall performance. Deleting the cache will force login, delete the songs, and reset the settings. So, these steps will help you in clearing the Spotify cache.
PRO TIP: If the difficulty is with your computer or a laptop/notebook you ought to attempt the usage of Restore Repair may experiment with the repositories and update corrupt and lacking files.
This works in maximum instances, where the problem originated due to a system corruption. You can download Restore by way of Clicking Here
- Press Window Key + R from the keyboard and open the Run Program.
- So, type %appdata% and press Enter key. A report folder will open.
- Click on the Spotify choice and choose Users. Then click on the XXXX-user.
Now, proper click on the local documents. Bank and delete it get one now. Restart the app and play a tune to check if the hassle is constant.
5. Set Crossfading Value to zero
If nonetheless, you are going through the problem, you could set the crossfade value to 0. This characteristic allows Spotify in offering a smooth transition within the Spotify revel in.
But sometimes, it reasons trouble with playback songs. So, to keep away from this problem, you can disable this selection. Here are a few steps to help you in disabling the crossfading characteristic;
- Open the Spotify application on the laptop. Click at the username and then choose
- Scroll right down to the bottom and click on Show Advanced Settings.
- In the playback, switch on the Crossfade music. Go to the Advance settings and alter the crossfade price to zero sec from 5 sec.
6 Re-install the Spotify App
If you have tried all the above strategies and the hassle continues to be there. The handiest option left is, to uninstall the Spotify app and re-install it again.
Sometimes, the 1/3-birthday party software program crash some important documents of the app. It impacts the app performance and no longer plays the tracks. So, right here few steps to help you in uninstallation, and reinstallation of the Spotify app;
- Press the Window key + R. Run Program will open.
- So, kind Control Panel inside the seek bar and press Ok
- Go to the programs and right-click on the Spotify app. Then click on Uninstall Option
To install the app again. Open any net browser and then go to the reputable website online Spotify and download it from there get one now.
If none of these techniques is operating, you could try to use a browser to use Spotify.
However, there is a similar issue reported that from time to time Spotify web player gained’t play the track. Fortunately, we’ve included this subject matter on our website.
Heads up: You’ll need to re-download any downloaded music and podcasts after reinstalling the app.
Your settings can also be reset to the defaults, so it is a good concept to make screenshots of them so you can quickly set them up the way you like them once more.