Users of QuickBooks Desktop software come across Error Code 20102, which indicates that the EIN, i.e., Employer Identification Number, is linked to another account, and you have an active direct deposit already on the replica of the EIN that is connected to another account. Amongst all other reasons, incomplete or incorrect installation of the QuickBooks Desktop is a trigger of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 20102.
As you progress with the blog, you’ll learn how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20102 and other important information like symptoms and symptoms related to the error.
Also read: QuickBooks company file not found error
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
Below are some of the symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102, which will help you identify the error so that it can be fixed on time-
- A new program crashes multiple times after opening.
- PC crashes in numerous instances while running a similar program.
- Continuous display of an error message on the screen
- The response time of your system has increased drastically.
The reason behind QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
The following could be the reasons behind the QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102:
- Improper installation of QuickBooks desktop program.
- A malware, virus, or spyware attack.
- Corruption in windows registry
- Unwanted deletion of important QuickBooks-related files.
Methods to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 20102
Now, let’s explore how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20102 by employing different methods –
1: Take the help of the “QuickBooks File Doctor” tool
- Download and install “QuickBooks Tool Hub” in your system.
- After successfully installing “QuickBooks Tool Hub,” go to the “Company Files Issue.”
- Tap on “Run QuickBooks File Doctor.”
- Choose the “Check Your File” option and tap on the “Continue” tab.
- Before exiting the “QuickBooks Tool Hub,” enter your “Login Credentials” and press “Enter” tab.
Method 2: Repairing Registry Entries
- Go to the “Start” menu and open the “Search Bar.”
- Type “Run” in the Search Bar and hit “Enter.
- You must type “Regedit” in the “Open” search bar.
- After the “Registry Editor” opens up, select all the keys associated with the QuickBooks error.
- Click on the “Files” menu and choose “Export.”
- Choose all the folders and select a place to “Save” the files.
- Save the new folder with a new name, different from the previous file.
- Choose the selected branch and tap on “Save.”
- Finally, a QuickBooks Backup File with the “.reg” extension is created.
- After following all the steps mentioned above, repair and edit registry entries.
Method 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop App
- Hit your keyboard’s “Windows” key and open “Search Bar.”
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- In the “Control Panel,” look for the “Programs and Features” option.
- From the plethora of installed apps, search for “QuickBooks Desktop.”
- Right-click on the app and choose “Uninstall.”
- Now, download the up-to-date version of the “QuickBooks Desktop” from the official website of “QuickBooks.”
The QuickBooks Error 20102 is one of the most complex problems but can be quickly resolved by the solutions discussed here. Hopefully, all these methods will help users figure out how to fix QuickBooks Error Code 20102. However, suppose users are facing problems with linking of EIN or download & installation of QuickBooks desktop app.
In that case, they should consult 24/7 QuickBooks error support team via our helpline number i.e., 1-800-615-2347.