Are you seeking a way to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and all earlier versions? If yes then here we will show complete information utilizing a manual and professional Bitrecover MBOX to PST converter.
Two of the most widely used email client are Mozilla Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook. Outlook, on the other hand, is utilized by small, medium, and big enterprises owing to the fact that it has more sophisticated capabilities and is more secure. Thunderbird is primarily used for personal use.
Thunderbird is a free and open-source email client that may be used across several platforms; however, maintenance on Thunderbird was halted in 2012. At this time, only security patches are applied to Thunderbird. As a result, it is missing a number of functionality and security choices that can be found in Outlook and are necessary for corporate users.
As a result, many users in professional and corporate settings are considering moving their email accounts from Thunderbird to Outlook. Sadly, there is no straightforward way to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook that are compatible with Outlook.
How to Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook Manually?
MBOX files, which are not supported by Microsoft Outlook, are used by Mozilla Thunderbird to store all emails and other data associated with mailboxes. Therefore, in order to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook while maintaining their original format and accuracy, you will need to convert the MBOX files to the PST format that is supported by Outlook.
You may do this by using software such as BitRecover MBOX to PST Converter. You may, however, export Thunderbird emails to Outlook using one of many free methods that are available to you.
1 Step: Use Gmail using the IMAP Protocol
When it comes to exporting emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, you may utilize any Gmail account you have. In order to do this, you will need to carry out the following steps:
- The first thing you need to do is go into the settings of your Gmail account and turn on the IMAP protocol.
- Once you have successfully logged in to your Gmail account, go to the Settings button.
- Select “See all settings” by clicking on the link.
- After that, go to the tab labeled “Forwarding and POP/ IMAP,” and then click the “Enable IMAP” option button.
- After that, you will need to click the “Save Changes” button in order to save the adjustments.
Step 2: Enable Less Secure Apps to convert Thunderbird emails to Outlook
https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and activate the setting labeled “Allow less Secure less secure app” to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
NOTE: If you have activated 2-Step verification for your Google account, then this option will not be available to you. In such a scenario, you will need to deactivate 2-Step verification or switch to a new Google account that does not need 2-Step verification.
- The next step is to log in to Thunderbird using your Gmail account.
- To do this, start Mozilla Thunderbird and go to Tools > Thunderbird Options.
- Navigate to the Account Settings menu.
- After that, go to Accounts Actions and choose the ‘Add mail account’ option.
- Provide the necessary information, including your name, Gmail ID, and password, and then check the box labeled “Remember password.” After that, you’ll want to choose the ‘Continue’ option to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
- Select “IMAP (remote folders),” and after that, click the “Done” button.
- Your Gmail account will now be shown in the left-hand navigation window. Simply clicking on it will see all of your Gmail items as well as folders.
- Next, choose “New Folder” from the context menu of your Gmail account by right-clicking on it.
- Give the folder a name, then click the button labeled “Create Folder.”
- Navigate to your Thunderbird account, and from there, choose all of the emails that you want to export to Outlook.
- Right-click the item, choose ‘Copy to,’ and then go to the newly created folder in your Gmail account.
- At this point, you should go to the designated folder in Gmail and see whether the emails were copied correctly.
- Wait until Gmail completes the process of synchronizing all of the copied emails with the server.
Step 3: Connect Outlook using your Gmail Account
- To do this, open Outlook and go to File > Account Settings > Account settings.
- Under the Email menu, choose New to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
- At this point, you’ll need to provide your name, your Gmail id, and your password. Then, to proceed, click the Next button.
- When you have finished logging in successfully, click the Finish button, and then exit the Account settings window.
- To see the email, first, locate your Gmail account in the left pane of the screen, and then click on it.
- In this step, you will verify the Gmail folder that you established in Thunderbird. It should include all of the emails received in Thunderbird.
- At this point, you have effectively exported Thunderbird emails to Outlook by using Gmail.
Step 5: The Limitations of This Method
- The procedure is quite time-consuming since local MBOX copies of copied emails are synchronized with the server, and vice versa when you log in to Outlook.
- The structure and hierarchy of the folders have been lost.
- There is a possibility of inconsistent behavior as well as the loss of emails.
- This approach does not allow for the export of attachments.
- The possibility of both the loss of data and the corruption of data.
- Unable to export messages that have been removed from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Pro Solution to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
Converting the email messages stored in Thunderbird as MBOX files to a format that can be read by Outlook as a PST file is the quickest and simplest method to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook. As was indicated previously, the BitRecover MBOX to PST converter is available for your use in this scenario.
The application is able to assist you in exporting all of your emails from Thunderbird MBOX files to Outlook with reliability, correctness, and integrity rate of one hundred percent, all while preserving the folder hierarchy, also known as the tree structure to import MBOX to Outlook.
Steps to Convert Thunderbird Emails to Outlook
- Run the software on your machine.
- Now upload the MBOX files using the given options.
- Next, all the data will appear on the screen, and choose the required data.
- After that, hit on the “select saving option” and choose “PST” from the list.
- Now browse the saving location as per your requirements.
- Lastly, hit the “Convert” icon to export Thunderbird emails to Outlook.
Time to Say Goodbye
Using the Gmail IMAP workaround and the assistance of a third-party MBOX converter tool, this post describes how to export emails from Thunderbird to Outlook using both of those methods. The manual workaround approach, which uses the IMAP protocol and is dependent on Gmail, is rather a lengthy procedure that may take a very long time to finish. In addition, this solution has a number of additional restrictions, some of which might result in inconsistencies or the loss of email items. You may prevent delays and swiftly export Thunderbird emails to Outlook by making use of an MBOX to PST converter tool, which is explained in this post. The software technique exports all emails and attachments far more quickly while maintaining perfect consistency than the human way.