Export Outlook for Mac to PST: All of the major IT companies now allow their employees to do Work from home during this COVID-19 epidemic. In light of this, some remote workers prefer to use Windows Outlook to read their Mac Outlook messages. In order to use Windows Outlook, they must first export their mailbox from Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, and 2011.
The main distinction between Mac Outlook and Windows Outlook is that the former can open OLM files while the latter can only open PST files. Thus, you must export your emails from Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2011 to a PST file if you wish to access them in Windows Outlook.
Using email on a Mac has been simplified with the release of Mac Outlook 2011. Featuring a plethora of enhancements, it makes emailing a breeze for any Mac user. But as the size of Mac databases grow, or for other reasons, corruption and data loss occur frequently.
Since the PST file format is compatible with both the Mac and Windows operating systems, I find it the most convenient method of backing up Outlook 2011 to protect my inbox from accidental deletion. As a result, in the event of a disaster, I can retrieve my files from any computer.
There are two main cases in which it would be advisable to create a backup of Outlook 2011 in PST format:
- If your Mac Outlook 2011 data ever becomes corrupted or lost, you can restore it by making a copy of it on your local Machine.
- You may also wish to move specific items from Mac Outlook to Windows, or from one Mac to another. To do so, you’ll need to export Outlook for Mac to PST.
Expert Solution to Export Outlook 2011 Mac to PST Format
RecoveryTools OLM to PST converter Tool is a great piece of OLM to PST converter software that will save you a tonne of time, effort, and headaches.
Neither Exchange nor an active internet connection is needed to run the software. To convert an OLM file to PST format, all you need to do is convert OLM to Outlook Windows PST file and then run this tool on a Windows PC.
Convert your Mac Outlook emails, contacts, and calendars to the more widely used PST format with a single, streamlined tool.
Reasons to Choose Expert Solution for Conversion
- Preview attachments in emails before converting them
- Reduce the size of massive PST files
- After conversion, keep the original file organization.
- Make it possible to export filtered data
As can be seen, this tool offers a great deal of functionality that sets it apart from similar products on the market. To export your mailbox from Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2011 to the PST file format, please follow the instructions that are provided below.
Methods to Export Outlook 2011 Mac to PST Format
Since there is no straightforward method for exporting Windows Outlook files from Mac Outlook 2019, 2016, or 2011, the methods are outlined here to convert Mac Outlook files into Windows Outlook format.
This means that the OLM file needs to be exported from Outlook for Mac. It can then be imported into Windows Outlook after being converted from a Mac Outlook file. Here are the measures to take to convert the inbox on a Mac running Outlook 2019 or 2016, or 2011 to a PST file.
Method 1: Configure Outlook Mac Data from Exchange Server
Both Mac and Windows computers need to have Outlook in order to use this method. In addition, your Mac Outlook data must be in sync with your Exchange server mailbox for this to work. The procedure is as follows:
- Firstly, launch Outlook for Windows and log in with your usual details.
- If you sign in to Outlook on Windows, your mailbox data will be synchronized and stored locally instead of on the Exchange server.
- Follow the steps under File > Open & Export > Import/Export once the mailbox has synced.
- To save your work, select the “Export to File” option and continue with “Next”.
- Next, choose the.PST file format for storing Outlook data and then select the mailbox items you wish to export Outlook for Mac to PST.
- Select the option to “Include Subfolders” and continue.
- Click “Finish” after selecting a destination for the PST file. When prompted, enter the password or select “OK” to export Outlook for Mac to PST.
Note: This won’t help if you can’t access Outlook on Windows or if your mailbox has been deleted from the Exchange Server.
Method 2: By using Gmail Account
This strategy can use by you in the event that Exchange is not connected to your Outlook Mac 2011 or in the event that the account has been removed from the Exchange server.
Important Note: To connect your Gmail account with any other account, you must have to enable IMAP access and use an app password rather than a normal password for security purposes.
Step 1: Connect Gmail and Mac Outlook
- On your Mac, launch Outlook and select Outlook > Preferences.
- To add an account, go to “Accounts” and click the “+” icon.
- Select “New Account…” and then “Continue” to create a new account using your Gmail address. A new tab or window will open on your browser; there, simply log in with your existing Gmail account and then click the “Allow” button.
- Follow that by selecting “Open Microsoft Outlook.”
- If you right-click on your Gmail address after logging in, you’ll get an option to create a new folder. What about “Outlook for Mac”?
- After that, select a mailbox folder in Outlook Exchange, such as Inbox, right-click it, and select “Copy Folder…”
- Simply type “Outlook Mac” into the search bar and click on the resulting folder. To copy, use the ‘Copy’ button.
- Lastly, wait for the Gmail server to sync all the copied items after the copy process is complete. Go to Outlook for Windows and log in with the same Gmail ID once the sync is complete.
Step 2: Export Mac Outlook Data to PST Format
If your Outlook account is connected with IMAP and an exchange server. The Outlook Import/Export wizard now supports exporting data from a Gmail folder in Outlook for Mac to a PST file.
Essential Points to be Remember
- Dependent on the speed of your internet connection, this export could take several days.
- Messages larger than 15 GB cannot be copied (free Gmail space limit). If the total size of your things is going to be greater than 15 GB, you will need to carry out the procedure in phases.
- There will be no way to restore the original directory structure.
- Emails and their attachments may go unnoticed.
- Therefore, it will be necessary for you to manually download attachments from all emails, which is a tedious process.
- Information that has been copied over may not be accurate or in its original format.
Time to Say Goodbye
In my experience, manually exporting data from Mac Outlook 2011 to a PST file is a time-consuming and complicated operation that, if done incorrectly, can result in the loss of critical information. To that end, I recommend that you make use of one of the many third-party tools now readily available.
If you’re looking for a tool to help with the converting process, I recommend OLM to PST Converter to export Outlook for Mac to PST. Its user interface is straightforward, so anyone can pick it up and start using it with no trouble. It takes less than a minute to convert an enormous Mac Outlook database file to PST format.
Also Read: How to Export Thunderbird Emails to Outlook?