There are many factors to be considered when determining the roofing cost for your home. You can either try to seek the help of roofing professionals to get you an estimate of how much you might be spending or if you know most of the details such as the size and materials, you can try using a roofing calculator that is available online.
- The size of your roof is the biggest factor as this would determine how much materials you need and how long it would take for the job to complete.Villa Roofing
This is also why precise measurements should be obtained to avoid underestimating the cost especially if you are working on a budget. The cost will be calculated per roofing square (1 roofing square = 100 square feet). Consequently, the larger the size of your roof is, the more you would have to spend for it.
- Aside from its size, its complexity and pitch or steepness will also be considered.
The more complex and the steeper it is the more effort it would require for the roofing workers to work on it. Additional equipment would sometimes be required to do the job to ensure that safety of the workers and that the roofing job is properly done.
- The type of materials needed would also play a big part. Choosing the materials would also depend on the design of the roof. Steeper ones won’t be able to handle heavy shingles such as clay and asphalt. It is best to consult a roofing expert as to what is the best type to use.
You would also need to the durability of the material and your location. Materials that last up to about 50 years (such as metal shingles) are more costly than the ones that would only last 20 to 30 years.
There is also the underlayment which is also an important part of the roofing system. It is the layer under the roof covering which adds more protection and stability to the roofing deck, also helping and adding in the sustainability of the roof. You have options such as organic or synthetic felt of which the cost would also depend on the type.
- You should also consider your geographical location and surrounding environment when choosing the materials. Roof damage can easily occur if the materials are not sturdy enough to withstand frequent weather changes. Bungalow Roofing Auckland
- How the roof will be installed also has its own cost. If you are replacing an old roof, the labor for taking out the old roof layers or if there are any damages such as water damage (as sometimes this would cause replacement instead of just repair), would also be included in the cost estimate. The same goes if you would like other additions to your roof such as solar panels because they would need to function and blend with the structure of the roof.
- There are also the permits needed and warranties. Depending on where you live, you need to check what are the permits that you need to get for the roofing job. As for the warranties, the labor warranty is usually not included in the initial quotation but your contractor may offer it to you. It is still your discretion whether you would choose to get it or not. Read the fine print, understand the conditions of the warranty so you could make an informed decision.