If your Outlook mailbox is full of duplicate attachments and you are looking for a way to delete duplicate attachments in Outlook, you are on the right blog. Here, you will learn the best and safest way to deal with this Outlook duplicate issue.
As organizations often use MS Outlook as their professional email platform, employees can exchange emails to receive daily updates on the job. As emails from external and internal senders are forwarded to relevant colleagues, managers, and departments, the flow of email within an organization often involves multiple copies and attachments of emails.
Basically, the presence of duplicate items in the Outlook profile increases the size of the email database, which can reduce the overall performance of Outlook. This blog will cover how to remove duplicate attachments from Outlook.
We know that Outlook is the email client service that many organizations and employees use most to exchange daily business updates. The result is a large number of duplicate attachments, a large Outlook database, and performance issues. Therefore, it is very important to remove duplicate attachments in Outlook. Let’s review user questions to understand common scenarios and issues.
“Hello, I work with many partner companies and I need to edit or share many documents together via Outlook. After a while, I run into the problem that Outlook has insufficient storage space. I tried to delete some items, but I still found duplicate emails -mail attachments, so I decided to remove duplicate attachments data in Outlook, but the number of duplicate attachments was very large. Manual deletion will not work in this case, because there are many of them. Does anyone know the solution so please help me to do this task.
As we saw earlier, attachments can take up a lot of space in your Outlook mailbox and slow down the productivity of your user programs. Therefore, this article will show you how to delete multiple duplicate attachments in MS Outlook.
Why it Necessary to Delete Duplicate Attachments in Outlook
When an employee receives an email that needs to be sent to another employee in the same organization, forward it immediately. This will create at least two copies of the email or attachment (if any) in your inbox.
Attachments are scanned in emails regardless of size, file type, etc. In this repeated case, the database contains many of the same files or emails. To manage your mailbox size and improve Outlook performance, you need to remove duplicate emails and their attachments from Outlook.
How to Remove Duplicate Attachments Data from Outlook – Manual Apporach
- Start Outlook and open the message with the duplicate attachment or duplicate the received message
- Look for attachments under the header next to the mail icon
- Select and right-click the attachment, then click Remove Attachment in the menu. Delete it from the window that opens to confirm the deletion.
Remove duplicate attachments from Outlook email body
- Open emails with
duplicate attachments. Search messages for duplicates to remove
- Click on an attachment to highlight it. After selecting the attachment, a dashed line will appear
- Go to the floating menu in the top menu and select “Actions”. Click Edit Message in the drop-down box. Select the “Delete” button on your keyboard to remove duplicate attachments.
Disadvantages of the Manual Method
As mentioned above, the manual method is only suitable for users with few duplicate attachments in Outlook. In addition, users tend to delete duplicate attachments and accidentally delete original or important files.
That’s why most experts advise against trying manual methods if you have a lot of duplicate attachments.
Automatic Delete Duplicate Attachments in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2010
To overcome the limitations of manual methods, the SysTools team has developed a tool called Outlook Duplicate Remover Tool. A perfectly designed tool to remove duplicates from Outlook. This tool is used to manage duplicate emails, contacts, calendar entries, diaries and notes. This tool can remove duplicate attachments not only from Outlook PST files but also from OST and BAK files. In addition, several filtering options are available for ease of use, as well as the ability to remove duplicates from password-protected files. It allows you to remove duplicates from multiple MS Outlook PST files at the same time. You can add folders containing multiple PST files and the software will remove duplicates from each PST file and folders within it
In fact, this tool can fix duplicate issues in Outlook PST, OST and BAK files. Also, duplicate tables can be drawn within and within folders. Option to remove duplicates by date range. This software can extract duplicate emails, contacts, calendars and other data items from multiple Outlook PST files simultaneously. This Windows-based tool supports deleting duplicate files for ANSI and UNICODE PST file types. After adding PST files for deduplication, it shows the current status of each file. Now, once the software starts deleting duplicate items from Outlook folder, it will show you the complete status of the number of processed items.
Delete Duplicate Attachments in Outlook Just in Few Minutes
- First, Download and Install the software on your local computer, then launch it
- Then click Add Fileor Folder button to insert Outlook PST file with duplicate attachment
- This Outlook duplicate remover offers two options to remove duplicates: within folders or between folders
- In the next step, select Attachment from Specify recurrence criteria
- Press the action you want to perform on the duplicate data file
- Finally, click the Next button to start the process and when the process is complete, click the OK button.
Why Choice this Automatic Software
- One of the outstanding features of this software is the ability to extract duplicate items from Outlook PST / OST / BAK files with options like permanently delete, move to deleted items folder, move to folder, mark and mark as expired
- Maintain folder hierarchy and preserve meta information by deleting two copies of sent email in Outlook.
- Fields can also be customized when removing duplicates from Outlook. Because this tool can remove duplicates in emails, tasks, journals, notes, calendars and contacts by using multiple fields like BCC, CC, subject and email address.
- Permanently delete, flag, move, or copy duplicate email items
- Search for duplicates by date, time, sender/recipient name, etc.
- Delete duplicate emails from one or more PST files at once.
- Allows users to find duplicate data items in a private store table and delete them.
- The date range feature in the options helps to remove duplicate emails from a specific time period.
- Compare the criteria for deleting duplicate copies of Outlook emails by rule.
- After deleting duplicate email items, create a new copy of the Outlook email as a PST file.
- This software removes all data items such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, etc. from Outlook PST file.
- Users can selectively remove duplicate data items by selecting specific data items.
It offers several action options to extract duplicate items from Outlook PST/OST/BAK files. For example, permanently delete, move to Deleted Items folder, move to folder, mark and mark as expired.
- It supports deleting duplicate emails from MS Outlook 2016, 2019, 2013 and earlier PST files.
Duplicate attachments in Outlook are a constant hindrance to user productivity. Additionally, data replication affects storage capacity. The main way to deal with duplicate attachments is to remove them completely. To perform this task, users can use the manual method described above. To delete duplicate attachments in Outlook easily and effortless, we recommend you choose the automatic method mentioned in the above section.
Read More: How to Convert Zimbra Mailbox to PST