Applicants wanting to apply for Australia PR under skilled migration visa subclass 189 must apply for skill evaluation through the Australian Computer Society (ACS). Applicants who are IT professionals are required to have an ACS skills assessment and you can claim points as per the requirement and your qualification criteria. Here is the step-by-step procedure for ACS skill assessment.
For the purpose of immigration documents and ACS evaluates abilities for professional ICT level work experience. You must be specifically connected to the nominated occupation from the ANZSCO list. One must choose an appropriate occupation and get an assessment from the right authority.
Step 1 Understand the Criteria for the Department of Home Affairs.
You must ensure that you meet the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s criteria before submitting your skills assessment for Australia. Make sure you understand the details of your personal visa requirement or ask for advice from ACS-registered skills assessment agencies.
Step 2 Selection of ANZSCO code.
Selecting the right ANZSCO code is important for availing points and ensuring you meet the skilled migration requirement. Check the job descriptions for the specific ANZSCO code, tasks, and roles, as well as the skill level required. Ensure your qualification as well work experience is related to the ANZSCO code and match closely the code you have selected.
One must research in advance and assess the employment duties for the most relevant ANZSCO code which are available on the Australian Bureau of Statistics and Australian Computer Society (ICT ANZSCO list).
Step 3 Fill out the Application Form.
- Ensure you fill out the application forms and upload all essential documents as copies in PDF format.
- Combine pages in one PDF document for entry of each qualification and each employment.
- Your documents must be scanned and set of low resolution and no higher than 200 DPI.
- Make sure you don’t over the 3 MB maximum upload limit for each PDF.
- Don’t use a password to safeguard your PDF files, and don’t provide read-only files.
Documents for ACS for Skill Assessment for Australia PR:
The documents you must provide for skill assessment for Australia PR via ACS are below:
- Copy of birth certificate or passport that has been certified.
- If you have been married, your name has been changed then a certified copy of your marriage certificate.
- Certified copy of your academic transcripts and award certificate or completion letter for Australian qualification.
- Third-party statutory declarations or a certified copy of an employment reference letter.
- If you want to apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL), you’ll need to fill out an ACS recognition of prior learning form.
- In addition to the documents and an applicant must submit a Curriculum Vitae and detailed Resume that follows the ACS guidelines.
Above mentioned all the documents are essential for claiming Australia PR points and submitting ACS for Skill Assessment.
Cost for ACS skill assessment
For different services, the ACS skill assessment charge is as follows:
- For Temporary Graduate – 485 Skills Assessment $475
- Post Australian Study Skills Assessment-$500
- Skills (general application) -$500
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)-$550
- Review Application-$395
- Appeal Application-$395
Confused about Australian Immigration?
We are leading Australian immigration counselors in the region and our expert Australia counselors. They offer free assessment counseling services to understand your need for Australian immigration. We offer effective results for your need as per your requirement. We at ACSRPLAustralia provide the best services like preparing the report, making a CV, etc as per your needs.