Patient handling equipment is used for safely moving or supporting patients or any part of their body. Such equipment helps in improving the working conditions of caregivers by reducing work-related injuries and biomechanical overload risk.
One of the primary growth drivers for the market is the increasing prevalence of disabilities. According to the World Bank, nearly one billion people, or 15% of the global population, experience some disability. Most of the cases of disability are recorded in developing countries due to their poor healthcare infrastructure. Disability is a complex health condition that hinders the interaction between affected individuals and the environment and refers to a collective term for participation restriction, activity limitations, and impairment.
Moreover, the burgeoning penetration of patient handling equipment in developing countries will offer immense growth opportunities for the patient handling equipment market in the foreseeable future. Factors such as the rising number of government initiatives and booming economy of Asian countries are encouraging the market players to expand their presence in such nations. Asian countries, such as India and China, have a huge growth potential for market players due to their improving healthcare industry.
This can be attributed to the existence of a large number of trained professionals and healthcare facilities, vast demand for improved services, and presence of supportive regulations for patient safety in the region. Besides, the rising incidence of chronic and lifestyle-associated diseases and burgeoning demand for home healthcare will facilitate the market growth in the forthcoming years.
Thus, the growing prevalence of disability and soaring elderly population will drive the demand for patient handling equipment.
Detailed Analysis of the Patient Handling Equipment Market Size, and Regional Outlook
This study covers
- Major factors driving the market and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Market restraints and their impact during the short, medium, and long terms
- Recent trends and evolving opportunities for the market participants
- Historical and the present size of the market segments and understand their comparative future potential
- Potential of on-demand logistics services, so the market players make informed decisions on the sales of their offerings
- Competitive scenario of various market segments across key countries in several regions for uncovering market opportunities for the stakeholders
- Major players operating in the market and their service offerings