ere are many reasons where you have to download all of the emails from Gmail. Might be you are losing a member of the team and need to create an archive of the email history. While Gmail, Google service is extremely easy and reliable if you still might want to download important business to the disk drive of the computer. Although Gmail backup is a program that is made specifically for this purpose. But, this is buggy and not compatible with Windows 7 so, there are different ways to download emails from Gmail on Mac or PC just by following a few steps.
Ways to download email from Gmail
You can easily download email from Gmail and for that, you will need to follow a few steps which are mention below.
- Open Gmail on the PC or Mac and sign in if you haven’t already
- Choose the email which you have to download
- Click on the three vertical dots that appear in the top-right
- Go to the option which says “Download message” in the Click on the Profile icon that appears in the upper-right corner drop-down menu
This will download the email as a web page and commonly save it in the Downloads folder of the device.
Steps to Download an Email Attachment from Gmail
If you don’t want to download an entire email you can save the email attachments, you have to follow a few steps which are mention below.
- Open Gmail on the PC or Mac and sign in if you will ask for it
- Click on the email which has the attachment which you want to download
- Scroll to the bottom of the email where the attachments appear
- Hover the cursor over the attachment which you have to download and click on the downward-pointing arrow icon
Steps to Download All Emails from Gmail as Archive
Google allows the users to download all data linked with the Google Accounts that include Gmail as a single archive
- First of all, sign in to your Gmail account
- Go to the Profile icon from the upper-right corner
- Now, go to the “Google Account”
- Choose “Data and personalization” from the appeared list appears on the left
- Scroll down unless you see the “Download, delete or make a plan for the data” section
- There you have to choose the “Download your data” option and ensure if you select “Mail”
- Under “Mail”, there should be a button that tells that you have so many labels which you have chosen. Click on the option and choose all the labels which you want to download
- After that, you have to scroll down and click on “Next Step” and you have to choose the archive’s file type if you have to download it or save it in the cloud
- You can click on “Create Archive” and wait a while unless the archive downloads to the computer
When you’re done, you can click “Create archive” and wait a while unless the archive downloads to the computer
Download Emails from Gmail using Google Takeout
You can download all of the Gmail emails in the convenient and compressed format, you will need to follow the steps below-
- Open a trusted web browser and enter a myaccount.google.com and sign in to Google Account
- After that, choose to Manage the data and personalization and scroll down and click on the Download the data
- You have to click on Deselect all and scroll down and choose Mail and click on All Mail data that is included
- A pop-up window will open and hence deselect Include all prompt in the email and you can choose the type of messages to include and then, click on Ok and scroll down and click on Next Step
- As soon as you click on the Next Step, you will reach at the top and then, click on the Send download link via the email
- You can choose a file format for the download link via email and you can choose a file format for the download and the preferred delivery method from the drop-down menu
- Now scroll down and click on Create Archive and when you click on Create Archive a message will appear is being create then, wait for it
When you create it successfully then, you will receive a single file that has all of your messages that will be in an MBOX format
This is the method that has limitations and you can save the emails as a pdf, but one by one. You will need to follow a few steps to save Gmail to the hard drive of the computer
- First of all, sign in to Gmail and open the email which you want to save as a PDF
- When you open an email then, go to the Print all icon and click on it
- When you click on print all, another window will open with the option of print
- Set all of the settings as per the preferences and click on the Print button
- After that, your email will save as pdf and you are all set with that
Gmail using Google Takeout
For a successful setup and installation of Gmail, It is recommendable to use a trusted source and browser. There are a lot of fake browsers or sources that are ideally and specifically for this service. When you use such a source for installing this service, your device will hack or compromise. This is because they are ideal to get access to your device and they do so by designing such sources of links. Now, as you know the reason for installing it from trusted source use Google Play/App Store for the app version. Go to gmail.com for the browser version to access your account.
The use of the Gmail service is limited and the maximum data limitation is 10 GB. If the user tries to go beyond this limit then, the Gmail service will damage and data will be lost. For this reason, the user stores all of the data on secondary storage devices like hard drives.