Lips can get dry and chapped throughout the winter months. Because no one enjoys scratchy, dry, or parched lips, try this easy DIY peppermint Lip Balm recipe to soothe and relieve them. Peppermint is utilised as a bioactive compound in chapsticks and lip balms because it aids in the healing of cracked and chapped lips. Because of the menthol in the oil’s therapeutic and calming properties, it can be applied on wind-chapped or burnt lips to offer a soothing and revitalising effect on the body. In this blog, we’ll easily show you how to make a quick and easy DIY peppermint lip balm that’s rich in nourishing components and gives the appearance of healthy lips.
Benefits of Peppermint Lip Balm
Peppermint Lip Balm is one of those beauty products that should be on everyone’s shopping list because it provides all-in-one hydration, nutrition, and protection for your lips. Some of the advantages of using peppermint lip balm are as follows:
- Soft and plump Lips: Peppermint Lip Balm stimulates blood circulation and gives the appearance of fuller, broader lips. It’s a natural and temporary way to make your lips appear plumper and thicker. It also hydrates and calms the lips, making them more supple, smooth, and soft. This lip balm gives the lips a tingling and cooling sensation due to the presence of bioactive ingredients.
- Moisturisation and Hydration: The skin on our lips is more sensitive and delicate than the skin on our face, and as a result, it is prone to peeling and breaking. Dry, cracked lips are a common outcome of these issues. Peppermint lip balm, on the other hand, may naturally moisturise and moisturise the lips by infusing vital nutrients into the skin. It also helps to provide the look of hydrated and nourished lips.
- Prevents Dryness: Because peppermint lip balm contains a lot of omega-3 fatty acids, it can aid in hydrate and nourishing dry, parched lips. It also contains Vitamin C, which can help protect your lips’ skin from UV damage. Analgesic properties in this lip balm aid to reduce discomfort caused by dryness and fissures in the lips.
- Treats Lip Discoloration: The use of peppermint lip balm regularly may help to reduce dark and discoloured lips. Peppermint’s natural components are beneficial in lightening treatments. It treats pigmentation and discolouration to lighten the dark colour of the lips. This lip balm also helps the lips to regain their natural pink colour.
DIY Peppermint Flavor Oil Lip Balm Recipe
It’s a lot of fun to make your peppermint lip balm! Making your lip balm isn’t as complicated as it seems, and you’ll save money in the long run. It’s also an excellent gift idea! Let’s get this simple and relaxing lip balm begun.
Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm Ingredients List
- Virgin Coconut Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Natural beeswax – 2 Tablespoons
- Peppermint Flavor Oil -15 Drops
- Shea butter-1 Tablespoon
- Lip Balm Container
- Glass Bowl
- Sauce Pan
Know Ingredient Facts of Peppermint Lip Balm
Let’s go over the essential components of DIY Peppermint Lip Balm in more detail, because it’s always a good idea to learn about the advantages and applications of the ingredients you use in a recipe:
- Virgin Coconut Oil: Virgin coconut oil is a hydrating and nourishing substance that keeps lips soft, supple, and moisturised. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects as well.
- Beeswax: Because it is relaxing, antibacterial, and protects your lips, beeswax is a great core ingredient in lip balm. Because of its stability, it is also quite easy to operate.
- Peppermint Flavor Oil: Peppermint is a medicinal oil that has a lot of relaxing and healing properties. This oil can help prevent dryness-induced chapping and cracking of the lips.
- Shea Butter: Lip Balm with Shea Butter is great for repairing and protecting cracked and chapped lips. It also gives the lips a silky, velvety sensation, making them appear lush and fuller.
Directions to Make Peppermint Lip Balm
Make DIY Peppermint Lip Balm at home by following the step-by-step instructions. Remember that this recipe makes one container of lip balm, but if you want to make more, simply double or triple the number of ingredients used!
Step 1: Melt the ingredients in a double boiler.
In a glass dish, combine the beeswax, shea butter, and virgin coconut oil. Fill a third of a pot with water and bring to a boil. Heat on low until all of the ingredients are completely melted.
Step 2: Toss in a few drops of peppermint Flavor oil into the mixture.
Toss in 10-15 drops of peppermint Flavor oil and thoroughly mix it well. To get a stronger or weaker peppermint aroma, alter the amount.
Step 3: Let the ingredients cool for a few minutes.
Allow the mixture to cool slightly after fully incorporating all of the ingredients. It’s important to keep in mind that the mixture should be heated enough to pour easily.
Step 4: Fill the container with the lip balm mixture.
Pour the mixture into the container with care. If you don’t want it to get messy, you can pour it with glass droppers.
Step 5: Let the peppermint lip balm set for a few minutes.
Refrigerate the lip balm for about 10 minutes to allow it to harden up quickly inside the container. Then set it outside to get to room temperature.
Viola! It’s time to put your peppermint lip balm to work.
How to Apply Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
Everyone enjoys lip balm in cold and dry weather. However, using it correctly is an important component of keeping your lips and mouth healthy. To get the most out of your peppermint lip balm, read the following tips:
- Use your index finger to apply Peppermint Lip Balm. Begin at the centre of your lower lip and work your way outward to the corners. Apply it to the lips evenly.
- Now gently brush your lips together to allow the lip balm to spread to your upper lip as well.
- Depending on your preference, you can apply more layers of lip balm.
- If you’re going to wear lipstick, apply lip balm first and let it sit for a few minutes. The moisturising components will be able to make the lips soft, supple, and plump as a result.
Making your peppermint lip balms is a pleasant pastime for both novice and experienced crafters. And the best part about making your lip balms is that you can customise the colour, texture, and moisture content.
The homemade peppermint lip balm has several health benefits that make your lips appear smooth, supple, and nourished. It also has a natural scent, which makes the lip balm seem sumptuous and indulgent.