There are several users who have a ton of data stored in their Archive Mailboxes of Microsoft 365 as well. No doubt there can be a need to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST for which the methods are not known by users.
The in-place archive feature of Microsoft 365 is a useful feature that provides you control over the mailbox data and how you can archive data in the mailbox.
This feature offers additional space to the mailbox wherein the data from 2 years before is exported which is in bulk and holds a lot of sensitive information.
However, this feature can now only be increased by paying for it. So, Office 365 export archive mailbox to PST procedure comes in handy.
It is better to export your data in Outlook accessible file format so that you can easily access the data whenever you want to without any internet connection.
The data is also kept safe at all times as backup in case there was any trouble to comes to the user’s Archive mailbox.
But, what about the methods to export the data files? Well, there are certain techniques explained here.
Let’s find out!
Useful Methods to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST
Take a quick look at the user query to understand the kind of situations you can fall into:
I have a lot of important files in my Office 365 archive mailbox which I want to store on my local device. There was recently a breach in my colleague’s mailbox and all of their data was lost due to this. He had a backup so he got his data back. I cannot risk my data which is why I want to know the methods for Office 365 export archive mailbox to PST process.
Well, situations like these or similar can happen to you anytime. This is why saving your data locally is the best option to keep it away from threats.
For that, you can use either of the methods:
- Manual Method
- Professional Method
Starting with the manual one.
Manual Method for Storing Data from Archive Mailbox Locally
Several methods for the export procedures are there out of which, we are going to explain the simplest one.
Use the Import/Export Wizard of Outlook which can easily export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST directly. All you have to do is configure your account with Outlook application and wait for the data to sync.
Follow the given steps:
- Open Outlook and navigate to the File
- Choose Open & Export >> Import & Export
- Click on the Export to a file option in the Import/Export Wizard & hit Next.
- In the next window, choose the Outlook data file (.pst) option and press the Next
- Here, select the archive mailbox and tap on the Next
- Browse for the destination location and hit Finish.
Office 365 Export Archive Mailbox to PST Manual Barriers
- Using the manual method for this task, configuration steps and synchronization of the data can take up a lot of your time.
- There is no guarantee that the data you export will be in the same order like before the transfer.
- A high risk of errors occurring is there due to which the data-loss or corruption chances increase.
- You can only export data from one user account at a time meaning, repetitive steps for multiple user accounts.
For a simpler approach, take a look at the below-mentioned solution.
Professional Solution to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST
An expert solution is always the best way to perform an operation which is why the Office 365 Export Tool is used here.
You will find n number of tools or methods like PowerShell etc. which are not ideal for a novice user. The software is built in a way that the non-techies and techies, both can apply.
Implement the features offered by this tool for a successful and reliable export such as:
- Date-filter for a specific time-period for Office 365 export archive mailbox to PST selectively
- If your Outlook data file size is large, use the Split PST option to divide it into smaller parts
- Use the Admin credentials for exporting multiple mailboxes in a single go
- Download an export report in CSV format with all the details of the procedure
- The software is compatible with exporting data on all the versions of Windows OS
Also, Use the free demo version of this utility. You can use the free version by downloading it from the above link. Download, install and activate the software by signing up with your email id. Then you will get an activation email, use the activation key to activate the software.
Once, it gets activated, you can use this software for free without any cost. You can verify the working and performance of this tool. Moreover, the free version can export two Office 365 user account’s for free.
Moreover, you will get 24/7 tech support for any query, that you might face. The support teams are available 24/7 for 7 days a week and 365 days per year. To tackle all your queries.
Now, moving on to the steps of the software to export the data files.
What Steps Should Be Followed to Export Office 365 Archive Mailbox to PST?
- Install the software and enter the valid credentials for Office 365 admin account & hit Login to start the procedure.
- Choose the Microsoft Outlook (PST) option as the export type and mark the check box adjacent to Split Outlook Data File
- Mark the Archive Mailbox checkbox and choose the Date-filter Hit the Set button and select the dates.
Pick a destination path for your output files by clicking on the Browse
- Click on the Start button & wait for the procedure to complete.
Also Read: Learn how to Migrate an OST File to a PST File like a pro
That Would Be All
The most useful & easiest methods to export Office 365 archive mailbox to PST are explained in the article. Hence, you can apply either of these methods for creating an export of all the required data and save it locally.
However, the manual method has a few limitations that you need to consider before executing the method. The software is an expert’s recommendation and the export professionals use it to perform their procedure.