IS 2062 Plates
IS 2062 is an Indian Bureau of Standards product grade standard for structural steel. The grade is used for structural considerations and displays the product’s standard. This standard grade produces high-quality plates with a variety of critical features and properties. Its characteristics and properties make it ideal for a wide range of applications. The plates contain a variety of qualities that make them suited for a variety of applications. They are hot-rolled at a high temperature, allowing them to withstand extreme temperatures and pressures without rusting or damage.
Features of IS 2062 Plates
IS 2062 plates come with a variety of features. Some of these characteristics are:
- IS 2062 HR Plates have high tensile strength, allowing them to resist high temperatures and pressure with ease.
- These plates are also quite hard, making them appropriate for a wide range of applications.
- Another major attribute of these plates is that they are rust and corrosion-resistant. Because of their excellent corrosion and oxidation resistance, these plates do not rust in any weather.
- Heavyweight tolerance- the plates’ rough and tough character allows them to resist heavyweights for an extended period without being harmed.
- Long service life- the plates are hot rolled at a very high temperature, allowing them to be used in a variety of manufacturing and construction applications.
The plates are made from high-quality, high-quality international standard raw materials. These plates are then transported to the manufacturing process, which is done or carried out under tight supervision and expert guidance. They ensure that each test is completed flawlessly so that they can determine whether the plates produced are of excellent quality.
Application of IS 2062 Plates
- Construction of ships.
- Freight cars, transmission towers, dump trucks, cranes, and trailers all have structural applications.
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Platforms for oil and gas production.