HP printers are one of the popular devices, which are known for offering quality printing and scanning of documents easily and hassle-freely. However, most of its users are having with the issue of their HP printer not printing color instead of printing blank or nothing. Since, like every printer device, the issue of HP printer not printing color is nothing new for any printer users.
In case, you are getting the issue of your HP printer not printing in color, you must follow our troubleshooting steps down below and resolve your persisting issue – such as the HP printer not printing in color immediately.
Steps to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color
Check the Cartridges: To do this, you must have to open the front cover of the printer and take out the print cartridges. Make sure that the ink cartridge is not expired. If any case, your cartridge is faulty or running out of ink, purchase a new one to resolve the issue of your HP printer not printing in black or color. Even if you are still encountering the problem of your HP printer not printing color correctly, you must try cleaning its print heads as many times, the problem is occurred due to the unclean print heads.
Clean the Print Heads: To do this, follow the steps:
- You must clean the print heads by pressing and holding down the power button and at the same time, press on the resume button six times.
- Next, release the power button. The printer will start cleaning print heads in a mild wash.
- Check printing any of your documents again. If you are still facing the issue of HP printer not working or printing anything, do again the steps above, but instead of pressing the resume button six times, now press it for fix times for a moderate cleaning.
- Try printing the document again. Still, facing the same? No worries. Repeat the steps above one last time and press the resume button seven times for deep cleaning.
Check the Printer’s Settings
- First thing first, from the start menu, select the Settings option.
- Click the devices from the Setting menu.
- Right-click on the printer and select the Properties.
- Click on the Printing preferences from the next page.
- Select the Paper/Quality tab and click on the Color option.
- Hit the Ok button and exit.
Reinstall the Printer Driver
When your HP printer not printing in color, and you are looking for an answer to why is my printer not printing color correctly, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver. However, do not perform this if your HP Printer can print in color.
Optimistically, after trying out all the steps above, your issue with the HP printer not printing colors correctly will be resolved. However, if you need further assistance from one of our tech experts, contact us directly via our toll-free number.
Among the popular brands of printing machines, HP Printers are known for offering high-quality printing and scanning of documents. However, instances occur when HP Printer users encounter issues such as HP Printer not printing color, and they start looking for an answer to why is my HP Printer not printing the right colors. While these issues could be frustrating, identifying the reason behind the issue, and troubleshooting them can get your printer back to work. This blog post entails the reason for HP Printer not printing correct issue and their effective troubleshooting techniques.
HP Printer Won’t Print Color? Here’s the Fix
Users often complain that their HP printer not printing in color correctly or hp printer not printing in color properly. Such issues could be due to a couple of reasons. It is recommended that you first check the printer settings for the document or photograph that you are trying to print. If the document you are trying to print is set up for printing in “grayscale”, it will only print in black and white, and not in color. If this is the case, you must have got the answer to why your HP printer not printing color properly. Your HP Printer won’t print color unless you change the setting to “default”.
Why Is My HP Officejet Not Printing Color?
Users often complain that their HP Officejet printer not printing color and that they are unable to fulfill their printing requirements. As a good practice, you must use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. You can visit the HP store to purchase replacement cartridges. Not using the genuine HP cartridges can continue the HP printer not printing correctly issue.
Another way to resolve the HP Officejet Printer not printing color correctly issue is by checking for ink smears on the reverse of printouts. The presence of smears of ink on the reverse of the printouts can be resolved by using automated tools. Here’s what you need to do:
- Ensure that the printer is loaded with plain white sheets of paper.
- From the printer’s control panel, tap on Setup.
- Tap on Tools.
- Tap on Clean Page Smears, and the printer will feed a blank page slowly.
- Wait until the printer ejects the blank page.
- Take a test print and check whether your HP Officejet Printer not printing color properly issue is resolved or not.
How To Fix When HP Deskjet Printer Not Printing Color Correctly?
HP Deskjet Printers come in various models such as HP Deskjet 2510, 2511, 2512, and 2514. Users often face the HP Deskjet not printing color issues while working with the printers. They state that their printer is working; however, the print output lacks black or color ink, or that the printed page is blank or lacks ink. The HP Deskjet Printer not printing color properly can occur due to several reasons. However, you can troubleshoot the issue by ensuring a few things, such as using genuine HP cartridges, checking the estimated ink levels, replacing any low or empty cartridges, using an automated tool to clean the cartridges, and replacing the cartridge with an issue.
Why is My HP Printer Not Printing Black Color Correctly?
Instances occur when your HP printer suddenly stops printing black, and you wonder why is my HP Printer not printing black color properly. You can follow some basic troubleshooting to rectify the issue. Start by disconnecting all the cables attached to the printer. After some time, reconnect them and start your printer to check if the problem of HP Printer won’t print black is resolved. Secondly, check your ink cartridge and replace any empty or low ink cartridge.
Reason Why Your HP Printer Not Printing Red or Green Color
If you see that inspite of setting the source file as red, for example, the printing documents are not printing red. The same could happen with the green color or any other. This is a common issue with almost every printer occurring due to low or empty ink or if the cartridge heads are dirty. So, if you are wondering why is my HP Printer not printing red color correctly or why is my HP Printer not printing green color properly, ensure that the print heads are thoroughly cleaned and that the ink cartridge is not empty.
Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing Yellow Color Correctly?
Just like other colors, you might face issues in taking out printouts in Yellow color, even if the set color is Yellow on your HP Printer. If you are wondering why is my HP Printer not printing yellow color properly, ensure the following:
- Check the printer ink levels.
- Resolve any print quality issues.
- Check the printer settings.
- Assign a color management profile for your printing preferences.
- Clean the ink cartridges and the print head.
- If required, uninstall and reinstall the printer driver.
Next we will learn about How to connect printer with wifi network
HP Wireless Printer Setup in Windows and Mac
Now easy Help Guide available for steps and solutions for HP printer setup. In this help guide you will get all the answers of your questions related to HP wifi printer setup. Here are some simple steps that you have to follow now.
(1) Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)
The very first option to connect your HP wireless printer to your home or office network is WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup). WPS has two setup modes to connect your HP printer over wireless network. First one is “PIN” and other is “PUSH BUTTON.”
This mode of setup is little difficult to connect with wireless network. For this mode you have to follow the instructions on your printer screen.
- Go to “Settings” or “Setup” option on your printer screen.
- Choose the wireless option.
- Select “PIN” option.
- Now, it will ask you to enter the WPS PIN on the printer screen.
- You will get this PIN at the back side of your Router or Modem.
- Enter the PIN on the Printer Screen and printer setup will complete.
This mode of setup is easier than the PIN method. Follow the instruction below for wireless setup.
- Go to “Settings” or Setup option on your printer screen.
- Choose the wireless option again on the printer.
- Now select “PUSH BUTTON” option on the screen.
- You will get a message on your printer screen “Push the WPS button for next 3 sec”.
- Now you have to Push the WPS button at the back side of your Router or Modem.
- Press and hold it for next 5 sec.
- You will get a message on printer screen “Connection successful”.
- Now your HP Setup Wireless Printer is complete.
(2) Wireless Setup Wizard
Mostly used method for HP Printer Wireless Setup are “Wireless Setup Wizard.” Its like an old method of wireless connection for HP printers. Before starting the setup instructions you should have the wireless network name and password for your home or office network. Because it will be required at the time of setup. Now follow these steps for HP Wireless Printer Setup via wireless setup wizard.
- Go to “Settings” or “Setup” option on your printer screen.
- Choose the wireless option again on the printer.
- Now, you will get “Wireless Setup Wizard” option on screen.
- Select that option and follow the steps on your printer screen.
- Now, you will get all your network names list on your printer screen.
- Select your wireless network name and hit next.
- In this step printer will ask you to enter the password of your wi-fi.
- Enter the password and hit next.
- “Connection Successful” for HP wireless printer setup.
(3) USB to Wireless Setup
This is the last method for Setup HP Wireless Printer. USB to wireless setup is a very different way of printer setup. In this setup process you have to install the drivers of your wireless printer. When you will be installing the HP wireless printer drivers it will give you an option of “USB to Wireless Setup”. Now, you can follow the steps on your computer screen and it will be converting USB printer into wireless connection. In this method your printer should be connected to the computer via USB so that HP printer drivers will change it to wireless automatically.
HP USB Printer Setup in windows 10 and windows 7
Everyone wants to use their HP printer as wireless but on the other hand there are other customers who still use the printers with cables and USB. So today we will be sharing some information and tips how can I use HP USB printer setup in windows 10 computers. This help guide is for hp printers with windows 10 or windows 7 computers. We recommend installing the compatible drivers for you hp USB printer setup. This will help you to unlock all the features of your HP printer like Scan, Fax and Print wireless.
- Firstly connect your HP printer to your windows 10 or windows 7 computer via USB cable.
- Now on your computer install the latest drivers of your hp printer.
- Once the setup will start, follow all the instruction on the computer screen.
- In this process you will be asked to disconnect the USB cable once.
- After that connect the USB cable again and follow the next step.
- Once the hp printer setup will complete, it will ask you to restart your computer.
- Restart your computer and now your printer is ready to use.
HP Printer Setup in Mac computers
Around 40% customers are using HP printers with Mac and Apple computers. HP printers will give you easy to print service in Mac computer, but for that you have to setup your hp printer properly in Mac computers. Hp printer setup in Mac computer is easy as compare to windows computer. In this section we will tell you the tips and tricks for HP printer setup Mac and Apple computers. If you need any additional help please call hp printer setup team for install help. Here are some simple steps to install and setup HP printer in Mac computers.
- With the help of USB please connect your HP printer and Mac computer.
- Once your printer is connected go to settings of your Computer.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Now click “Add” new printer on the computer screen.
- In this step you will get your printer in the list of devices.
- Select your HP printer and hit next.
- Now, you can see your hp printer installed on your computer screen.
- In this process you don’t need any CD or Drivers for HP Printer.
Now your HP Wifi Printer setup Mac computer is Successful.