It is advised to use Grade 321 stainless steel, an austenitic chromium-nickel stainless steel with titanium, for pieces created during welding but unable to be annealed later. Similar to type 304, type 321 is a stabilized austenitic stainless steel with the addition of titanium. When used between 800 and 1500 °F (427 and 816 °C), this titanium additive lowers or prevents carbide precipitation during welding. Additionally, it enhances the alloy’s high-temperature characteristics. Grade 321 Stainless Steel bar has good creep strength and excellent oxidation and corrosion resistance.
Pump Shafts, Machined Components, Valves, Fasteners, Everyday Equipment, Machine Tools, Medical & Surgical Parts, Studs, Bolts, Thread Bars, Pins, Handles, and Hinges are just a few applications for stainless steel 321 round bars. Flat bars made of stainless steel 321H are heat-resistant due to their high resistance to corrosion in mildly cyclic settings.
Square bars made of stainless steel 321 that have been produced with high-quality materials in accordance with industry regulations and requirements. Because they are widely used in many industrial processes, stainless steel 321H threaded bars are in high demand in the sector. The sugar industry, chemical industry, fertilizer industry, pharmaceutical industry, railway coaches, refrigeration industry, etc. all frequently utilize these 321 stainless steel bars.
Specifications of 321 Stainless Steel Bars
- Dimensions: ASTM, ASME, DIN, BS, EN, IS, AMS, JIS, IBR & Other International Standards.
- Standard: ASTM A276, ASTM A479
- Round Bars: Outside Diameter in the range of 4mm to 500mm
- Square Bar: 18mm – 47mm (11/16″ to 1-3/4″)
- Bright Bars: Outside Diameter in the range of 4mm to 100mm
- Hex Bar: 18mm – 57mm (11/16″ to 2-3/4″)
- Flat Bar: 1/2” to 10” in thickness range of 2mm to 150mm, Custom Size Stainless Steel Flats available
- Length: 1 to 6 Meters, Custom Cut Lengths
- Form: Round, Square, Hex, Flat, Rectangular, Forged, Rod, etc.
- Finish: Black, Bright Polished, Rough Turned, NO.4 Finish, Matt Finish, BA Finish.
Characteristics of 321 SS Bars
Type 321 is simple to form and draw. The majority of austenitic stainless steels work harden, and type 321 may need to be annealed after being severely formed. Type 321 can only be hardened through cold working and cannot be toughened with heat treatment. Type 321 can be welded using conventional fusion and resistance techniques. Heat for one to two hours to 1290 °F (700 °C), and then air cool.
Jet engine components, mufflers, exhaust manifolds, flexible couplings, and aircraft collection rings use a 321 stainless steel bar. It also finds its applications in exhaust stacks, carburetor air intensifier tubes, pressure vessels, tubing, fasteners, flexible metal hose, and bellows.
Hope you find this article resourceful.