After its release, QuickBooks has taken over the market like a storm. It is a one-stop solution for many organizations, entrepreneurs, and other users who need reliable accounting for their businesses. Despite its every capability, it is still defenseless against internal errors like any other software. One of those is QuickBooks error OLSU 1013, which appears in the software while the connection with the bank suffers because of any issue. If you also came across this error in your QuickBooks, continue reading the blog to acknowledge the reasons it occurred and the methods to rectify it.
If you need any help regarding this error, reach out to professionals at +1-855-856-0042
Details of the error
QuickBooks manages all the monetary transactions through the user’s bank account linked to the software. This error implies that QuickBooks cannot connect to the bank’s servers, which directly impacts the tasks related to your bank account. You’ll be restricted from using any banking processes and might face unexpected crashes in QuickBooks after it fails to set up a connection with the bank.
The reasons which are most expected to cause this error in your QuickBooks are-
- The Bank file you are trying to access is in a format not supported by QuickBooks.
- The internet connection of your system is not stable enough to maintain the connection with your bank.
- Incorrect browser settings.
- The bank’s servers face some issues and are not responding to QuickBooks trying to connect with them.
Some solutions that’ll help you to resolve this error from your QuickBooks are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Verify that the bank file is in a format supported by QuickBooks
QuickBooks can only process the bank file if it is in .qbo format. If your bank statement file is in any other format, refer to the steps to download it in a format supported by QuickBooks-
- Open your web browser and visit your bank’s website.
- Log in to your account and download the bank files again in .qbo
- Once the files are downloaded, reopen QuickBooks and use these files.
If the issue persists, use the next solution.
You may also read: QuickBooks desktop error 6189 816
Solution 2- Verify that your internet connection matches the minimum requirements of QuickBooks
QuickBooks would not be able to connect to your bank using slow or poor internet. The internet connection should be stable and match the minimum requirements of QuickBooks; follow the steps below to check-
- Visit Google on your web browser.
- Run an Internet speed test and wait for the results.
- Your internet speed should be 3Mbps on average and 5Mbps minimum.
- If the test results don’t match these requirements, upgrade your internet connection.
Try the next solution if everything’s fine with your internet connection.
Solution 3- Enable 1.2 TLS settings
These settings help to keep the data secure while transmitting over a network. If they are not correctly configured, applications like QuickBooks will not be able to share the data. Follow the steps to configure the settings-
- Press Windows+Rto open the Run
- Type “cpl” to access the Internet Properties on your computer.
- Go to the Advanced tab and scroll down to TLS settings.
- Mark the checkbox for TLS 1.2 and make sure TLS 1.0 is unmarked.
- Click on Apply and then Ok to save these settings.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
The issue will be fixed, and you’ll be able to access your bank feeds successfully.
This is the end of our blog; we tried to bring out detailsabout QuickBooks error OLSU 1013. The reasons this error occurs and the methods to remove it were also mentioned. We hope going through this blog was beneficial in removing the error.
If you are still looking for advice from experts, reach out to a professional at +1-855-856-0042.