Do you also believe that museums are boring? Do you also believe that museums are meant only for history enthusiasts? If you said yes, then your perception is going to change today. In this blog, we will cover the interesting and popular museums of the United States. If you love museums, then you’re in luck – the United States is home to some of the best museums in the world. From art museums to history museums to science museums, there is something for everyone.
To help you plan your next museum trip, we have put together a list of 10 of the best museums in the United States. These museums are all highly rated by visitors and offer a unique and unforgettable experience.And the best part is that American Airlines Booking is providing exclusive discounts on a flight to the US.
So whether you are interested in art, history, or science, be sure to add these museums to your travel list.
Listed Here Best Museums In The United States:
Museum of Fine Art- Houston
- The Museum of Fine Arts- Houston is one of the largest art museums in the United States.
- Located in downtown Houston, it has a large collection of Asian art as well as European and American artwork.
- The museum is home to over 14,000 works of art, including paintings by artists such as Rembrandt, Monet and Picasso.
- Do you know? The Museum of Fine Art has been recognized as a national treasure by the Historic American Buildings Survey and the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- It is one of only thirteen museums to be included in Time magazine’s list of “Best 100 Museums In The World.”
The USS Midway Museum, San Diego
- The USS Midway Museum is a naval museum located at Pier 7 on the Embarcadero in San Diego.
- It was originally commissioned as a museum dedicated to preserving Midway-related artefacts and as a memorial to veterans of World War I and II.
- It houses a collection of artefacts from both World Wars I and II making the museum one of the must-visit in the US.
- This museum features an extensive collection of aircraft, including vintage aircraft and transportation vehicles that have been restored to their original condition.
- The museum also hosts live aviation displays and events throughout the year which is one of the highlights.
Modern Art Museum – Fort Worth, Texas
- The Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth has one of the largest collections of modern art in the world.
- It is located at Amon Carter Park on the grounds of the Amon Carter Museum complex.
- The museum’s mission is to collect, preserve and present works from the 20th century through contemporary art from Texas and around the world.
- The museum currently holds over 8,000 pieces of art including paintings by Picasso and Degas as well as sculptures by Rodin and some other great artists.
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Since the museum opened its door to visitors in 1975, it has been called Indiana’s best museum for children.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis was built to inspire children to be curious about their world by providing a safe and engaging place for them to explore, create and discover new ideas.
- The Children’s Museum features interactive exhibits that encourage children to explore science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects.
- It provides children with the opportunity of hands-on experiences with hands-on equipment as well as live animal displays such as lions, tigers and polar bears.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a place for fun for all ages.
The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum – Washington D.C.
- The National Air and Space Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of aircraft and spacecraft.
- The museum has more than 260 aircraft on display, including the B-29 Superfortress Enola Gay, the world’s first jet bomber. Doesn’t it excite you to visit?
- The museum also houses many artefacts from the nation’s space program.
- It has an IMAX theatre that shows films on various aspects of space exploration and films related to science fiction like aliens or robots.
- This museum perfectly tells that museums can never be boring.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, is one of the world’s largest and most popular art museums.
- Since the museum opened, it has been spreading education about the arts to the world.
- It has a collection of more than two million works of art which makes it one of the most comprehensive collections in existence.
- With a collection that spans more than five thousand years of human history, the museum offers visitors a chance to see some of the most significant artwork ever created.
The American Museum of Natural History, New York
- The American Museum of Natural History, located in New York City, is one of the largest natural history museums in the world.
- With a collection that includes more than thirty million specimens, the museum provides visitors with a chance to learn about the natural world.
- In this museum, you can find the most comprehensive collection of art in existence.
- To all history lovers, visiting the American Museum of Natural History is going to be a fun learning experience.
The Art Institute of Chicago
- The world’s leading art museums include works by some of the most renowned artists of all time.
- It has a collection of more than 300,000 works of prominent art. Isn’t that wonderful?
- The Art Institute of Chicago can be counted among the highlights of the United States.
- In addition to the museum, it also has a research institution attached to it. The institution consists of the largest art, history and architecture library in the world. Isn’t it intriguing?
- The richness of history, art, culture and traditions make this museum a must-visit place, when in the United States.
The Broad Museum, Los Angeles
- The museum is located in downtown Los Angeles and has an enormous collection of authentic art.
- Renzo Piano was a person who designed the Broad Museum at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. The museum opened its doors to the public in 2016.
- The museum features more than 350 works spanning 5,000 years of history from across Asia, Africa and Europe.
- The Broad Museum is a world-class facility that offers an impressive collection of artworks.
National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC
- The museum is considered the National art museum of Washington DC.
- The best part is it is open to the public and free of cost. That means you do not need to spend money to learn something interesting.
- The museum consists of numerous works of great artists like Paul Mellon, Chester Dale, Ailsa Mellon Bruce, Rush Harrison Kress, Samuel Henry Kress and many other major artists.
- Did you know the National Gallery of Art contains the only art by Leonardo Da Vincis? Feeling butterflies in your stomach?
After visiting these above-mentioned museums you will never consider museums as dull and monotonous things to do. Museums are a great way to learn more about the history, art and culture of any country. In a sense, museums connect us with the roots of the country.
Extra Tip– If you are a student then consider yourself as luckiest. With American Airlines Student Discount you can get exclusive deals and save your pocket money for other adventure trips on your bucket list.