India’s religious faith is also seen in yoga. In all Yogasanas, not only dedication to nature is seen, but their sense of respect is also seen. That is why most yoga asanas take inspiration from the things that are in nature.
There is also a tradition in India to greet the sun and the moon. For this reason, the great yoga gurus of India have also created “Surya Namaskar” and “Chandra Namaskar” Yoga. These Yoga Asanas are considered very beneficial for body and mind.
The moon is very important in yoga. It is considered to be a good source of energy in the human body. According to Hatha Yoga, the moon signifies peace and energy in the body. In ‘Ardha Chandrasana’ the word “Ardha” means in Sanskrit language half, ‘Chandra’ means “moon” and Asan means (position). Actually, while doing this, the body (position) looks like half moon. Hence its name Ardha Chandrasana. Ardha Chandrasana is called Half Moon Pose in English. This asana is one of the most effective asanas, in which the balance of the entire body remains. By regularizing this Yogasan, strength, and stability in the body increases. It also has many health benefits. Which you can get by joining 200 hours of Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India. Along with this, this yoga asana is also helpful in focusing. Learn in detail about this Yogasana.
How to do Ardha Chandrasana:
- First of all, place a mat or carpet in a clean and cool place.
- Now stand on this mat and place your left hand on the left side of the hip.
- After this, breathe in and in the meantime slowly bend your right knee. Also, keep your right hand facing forward.
- Also, try to keep your right foot about 12 inches ahead. Simultaneously separate from your right toes.
- Now exhale and move your right hand towards the ground or floor. Push the floor with your right hand. After that keep your right leg straight. During this, raise your left leg above the floor.
- Make sure that it is parallel to the ground.
- Now, try to balance. At this time, keep your right knee straight.
- Tilt your upper body to your left. Simultaneously rotate your left hip in a straight direction.
- Place your left hand on the left side of the hip and your head should be facing forward.
- Maintain the weight of the entire body on the leg on which you are standing.
- Push the floor with your lower hand, this will help you in balancing.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds.
- After that put your left foot down on the floor and return to your starting position.
- Now repeat the same process in the opposite direction.
- Keep these above mentioned points in mind and then do Ardha Chandrasana. Always keep in mind that whenever you start a yoga practice, first of all understand that asana properly.
Benefits of Ardha Chandrasana:
There is no doubt that every posture of yoga is beneficial for physical and mental development. Half Moon Pose also has many benefits, such as:
- Improve digestion: Ardha Chandrasana has the biggest effect on the human body that it improves our digestion. This asana increases the digestive power of the body. Which strengthens the digestive system. It also helps us in maintaining a balanced weight. Because, it removes excess fat from our body. That is, this yoga is beneficial in reducing obesity.
- Helpful in balancing the body: Maintaining the balance of the body is important in the Half Moon Pose. The whole principle of this posture depends on how you balance your body. Being an intense posture, it teaches us to keep the body stable in every position. You have to be smart and active while doing this. This also increases the firmness of the body.
- Better Coordination Strength: Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon pose) has a great effect on the coordination of our mind and body. Doing this also increases your ability to think and understand. Not only this, if you do this daily then you can avoid many mental disorders.
- Strengthen muscles: As you know, this yogasana depends entirely on the balance and stability of the body. Therefore, it requires a lot of physical energy to do this so that it can remain in this posture. By this, the muscles of the whole body get good exercise and they become strong. Along with this, continuous practice of Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon pose) gives firmness to the whole body and its muscles.
- Stress Relief: Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon Pose) is a posture to relieve stress. This keeps the blood flow in the body right, due to which the body transmits the right amount of fresh blood to the brain. So that, you get relief from stress or depression. Apart from this, human being can easily tolerate any discomfort and depression. By doing this daily, any kind of brain-related problem is quickly resolved.
- Relieve Back Pain: This yoga is also helpful in removing back problems and any kind of pain. By doing this asana, the body gets a good massage. Due to which the pain of the body is relieved. Along with this, the bones of the body are also strong. If you have a neck, arm or headache, it can be overcome by this asana.
- Freedom from menstrual problems: Menstrual periods are very difficult for women. Some days are difficult for women due to pain, cramps etc. By performing Half Moon Pose, you can get rid of problems occurring during this period.
Under which conditions one should not do Ardha Chandrasana
- If you have pain in the ankle or knees, do not do this yoga practice.
- Avoid doing this even if you have had hip surgery.
- Those who have a sore throat should look forward while performing this Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon pose). Avoid looking upwards.
- People who have migraine or headache also should not do this asana.
- People who have low blood pressure should not do this yoga practice.
- Avoid performing Ardha Chandrasana even in the event of diarrhea or insomnia.
- If you are pregnant, do not do this asana or consult a specialist first.
You can get many health benefits from yoga by joining Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India