Canon printers come with inherent indicators that perceive the ink level in the Canon ink cartridges and restrict the printer from functioning when the ink level reaches a precarious level. In some conditions, your Canon printer might be unsuccessful to reset properly when you change a cartridge. This generally happens when you replenish a printer cartridge, in place of substituting the empty cartridge with a new cartridge. If your Canon printer misses to reset when a cartridge is installed, you can reset it very easily.
Factory Resets – Canon Printer
The menu of a canon printer provides access to the factory reset option. Using this option you will return all the settings to factory stipulations and can require reconnecting to your own network and moving through the complete setup process again.
Ink Cartridge Resets
When you fit a new ink cartridge, the canon printer will guide you through the cartridge realignment procedure before permitting you to move forward with the new print jobs. Perform the menu prompts for realignment and to print a sample sheet of paper. Refilled ink cartridges make a reset issue for Canon printers, and there are numerous ways to fix the printer through the problem. For printers of the version Pixma MP/MX/MG, ink cartridge resets ask you to reset the printer as per the BCH technology.
Operative steps to reset canon printer
Practical ways to Reset your Canon Printer to Factory settings
Resetting the Canon printer to its default factory setting will reinstate it back to its original time, clear all the settings and stipulations that you have made after getting it. This would also require reconnecting your printer to your own network and establishing the entire setup process again i.e Canon Printer Reset Settings. Although, this is the coolest way to get rid of all the issues and error messages.
To perform the factory reset option,
- Turn on your printer and go to the menu.
- Access the directional arrows to perform in the setup menu.
- Go to the Device settings and then press OK.
- Choose the Reset settings option and then press OK to start the process.
Ways to reset Canon Printer Ink Cartridge
When you replenish or re-install ink cartridge on Canon printer, it sometimes encounters a reset issue. However, there are countless ways to resolve the problem, the most common way is to reset the printer according to BCH technology. Perform these steps to reset in the correct way.
- Turn off your printer.
- Hit the Power button along with pressing the Stop button.
- Release the Stop button for some time.
- Again, keep holding the Power button and hit the Stop button two more times.
- After around 30 seconds, the printer will show “O” on the screen.
- Hit the Stop button four more times before hitting the Power button twice.
- Now, tap the Power button one more time to switch off your printer. This will conclude the reset process.
- Reset the ink cartridges by releasing the printer’s power and USB cables.
- Open the ink cartridge door while hitting the Power button and connect the power cables again along with the Power button is pressed.
- Shut the cartridge door, and then leave the Power button.
How Do I Reset My Canon Printer To Factory Settings: Hard Reset
The hard reset can help you to bring your canon printer back to its default factory settings. Here’s how.
Initially, hit the “Stop” button until you hear the alarm ringing on your Canon printer, then release the “Start” button only after the alarm flashes or rings at least 19 times.
Now, that your device is restored to its factory settings, you’ll need to uninstall your device’s drives from your computer network and reinstall them with the latest drivers available.
Resetting Canon Pixma Printer Via Default Factory Settings:
If you have a Pixma device and you wish to reset it, then follow the steps mentioned below on how to reset Canon Printer Pixma.
- Turn on the Pixma printing device, then locate the Device Settings from the menu using the arrow.
- Press Ok, then select the “Resetting” option, and then again press “Ok” to begin with the device resetting process.
- Now, turn off the Pixma device, then hold the “Stop” button along with the power button of the device.
- Hereafter, release the “Stop” button, then again press the “Stop” button two more times while you hold the “Power” button.
- Wait 30 seconds until you see the “O” on the printer’s screen, and then press the “Stop” button 4 times.
- Next, press the “Power” button two more times, and then press it again for once to turn off the device & complete the reset process.
Reset Your Canon Printer Without Software:
- Make sure the Canon printer is turned on and connected to your computer.
- Now press the power button to turn off your printer.
- Once your printer is turned off then you press the stop button for 2 seconds.
- While holding down the Stop button, press the Power button at the same time for 2 seconds and then release the Stop button.
- While you are holding down the Power button, at the same time press the Stop button 5 times.
- Now after pressing the Stop button 5 times, immediately release the Power button.
- Your printer is now completely reset.
Complete guide, you can download the Canon printer drivers from ij.start.canon. Here you will find instructions to setup your printer drivers, connect your Wi-Fi network and devices to your Canon printer. While setting up your printer, you must find the Canon printer models name and number. Also, it is equally important to have a good internet connection t complete the setup via ij.start.canon.
How to Download the Canon Printer Drivers via ij.start.canon?
Follow the steps to download the Canon printer Drivers through the URL ij.start.canon.
- Go to the Canon support page via ij.start.canon.
- Provide the Canon printer model name and number.
- When the model name appears on the box, click on it.
- Select the option Drivers and Downloads appearing beside the model.
- Choose what you wish to download among Drivers, Software, and tools.
- Click on the Select button on the right side of your driver.
- After selecting the option, press the Close button.
- From the list of software and drivers, you need to select “Software.”
- Now, press the Download button.
- Then, save the downloaded file to your device.
- Now, you have completed the steps to download the Canon printers from ij.start.canon.
How to Install the Canon printer Drivers Through ij.start.canon
Install the Canon printer drivers on your device within a few steps by following the below guide.
- Start by downloading the Canon printer driver from ij.start.canon.
- Insert the printer driver software CD ROM into the drive of your device.
- Then, double-tap on my “My Computer” icon.
- After that, double-click on the PCL or UFRI file.
- Thereafter, double-click on the setup.exe icon to start the installation process.
- In the first dialogue box for the printer driver setup wizard, click on the option Next.
- Read the License Agreement and tap on the Yes button.
- Select the manual set port to install and press the Next button.
- Now, wait for your printer driver to install on your device.
- Finally, the installation is complete from the ij.start.canon.
How to Install Canon Printer Setup on a Mac Device?
The process to install the Canon printer setup is listed below within steps.
- First, you need to turn on your Wi-Fi router and printer.
- Go to the official website using the URL ij.start.canon Setup and download the driver.
- Then, complete the setup process with the help of on-screen prompts.
- After that, go to the Apple menu on your Mac device.
- Next, choose the option ‘System and Preferences.’
- Now, you need to go to the Printers & scanners section.
- Hover your mouse to the prompt screen and tap on the “+” icon.
- Tap your Canon printer from the list of printers available on the screen.
- Press the Add button.
- Lastly, the Canon printer installation is complete on your Mac device.
How to Install Canon Printer Wireless Setup on a Windows Device?
To download the Canon printer wireless setup on your Windows device, you have to download the printer driver first from http //ij.start.canon setup. After that, follow the steps listed below.
- First, connect the printer to the Wi-Fi network and set it up.
- Then, download the driver compatible with your printer model from ij.start.canon.
- After that, double-click on the downloaded file and attempt the installation process.
- Next, press the Key + R to open the Run command.
- Now, type the “Control/name Microsoft. DevicesAndPrinters” command in the dialogue box.
- Press the OK button.
- In the next step, a folder named “Devices and Printers” will open.
- When the option Add Printer appears on your screen, tap on it.
- And do as your screen directs you.
- Finish the process and press the OK button.
- Now, your Canon printer wireless setup is complete on Windows.
- You have also completed the installation process for the Canon printer driver via ij.start.canon.
Get the Latest and Most Informative Article here