Wanting to prepare for CAT but at the ease of your home? When CAT is just a month away, not sure where and how to start.
Hitbullseye can be your one-stop solution for CAT Online Coaching. With more than two decades long experience in the test-preparation industry and strong credentials, Hitbullseye provides an incredible amount of material for CAT online preparations. The available material has been developed under the supervision of highly experienced and qualified experts.
CAT Exam: Highlights
Before beginning your CAT preparations, you must be well-versed in the essential details of the CAT exam. These details include CAT Syllabus, CAT Exam Pattern and much more.
|Name of the Test||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Purpose of Test||Admission to various B-schools in India|
|Exam Date||27 November 2022|
|Timings||(8.30 am to 10.30 am) Slot 1
(12.30 pm to 2.30 pm) Slot 2
(4.30 pm to 6.30 pm) Slot 3
|Conducting Body||IIM Bangalore|
|Mode||Online, Computer-Based Test (CBT)|
|Test Duration||2 hours|
|Frequency||Once a year|
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
|Sections||Expected Number and Type of Questions|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)||24
MCQ – 19
TITA – 5
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||20
MCQ – 15
TITA – 5
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||22
MCQ – 15
TITA – 7
|Total No. of Questions||66|
Note: MCQ stands for Multiple Choice Questions.
TITA stands for Type in the answer.
CAT EXAM SYLLABUS 2022
As mentioned above, the CAT exam has 3 sections; i.e. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Analysis (QA). Topic under each section are:
- VARC (Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension)
Reading comprehension; Paragraph Jumbles; Paragraph Summary; Sentence Elimination and some other miscellaneous question about sentence correction etc.
- DILR (Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
Bar Graph; pie charts; tables; line graphs; Venn Diagrams; word problems; combination of graphs; visualization based puzzles; mathematical puzzles; tournaments and games; calendar; sequencing; grid puzzles; seating arrangement; direction-based puzzles.
- QA (Quantitative Aptitude)
Arithmetics; Geometry; Algebra; Number Theory and Modern Maths.
Once you are well versed with these basic details about CAT, you should start your CAT preparations. Awareness of these details will aid your CAT preparations.
CAT online coaching
The advantages of online learning are numerous. For instance, the accessibility of content online enables convenient access at all times and locations. One can join in lessons anytime they feel relaxed and free to learn. Additional benefits of doing CAT preparation online include:
- There is flexibility with regard to the schedules of the sessions, mock exams, and CAT exercises. One can choose their preparation timetable. There is no obligation to follow the strict coaching schedule.
- Additionally, online CAT training saves time on trips to coaching facilities. It saves time.
- The cost-effectiveness of CAT online coaching is primarily due to the low infrastructure investment required.
- Aspirants for the CAT are free to set their schedules and paces for learning. One is not obligated to keep up with the class’s pace when learning online. One tends to have more influence over their knowledge when they may set their personal goals.
- Availability of various online platforms for discussions and debates, students have increased the chance to interact with their peers even after classes. The opportunity for peer learning is expanded in this way.
CAT’22 Prep Courses
In contrast to standard aptitude assessments, the CAT exam assesses candidates’ time management abilities. Therefore, applicants should prepare with the aid of seasoned professionals who can advise them on tackling problems and then rapidly solve them using quick problem-solving approaches. Hitbullseye provides its CAT preparation classes with this in mind.
The CAT Pioneer Batch ’22 includes 120+ hours of live concepts, 130+ full-length mock tests, ample study material and much more. It has everything that you need to crack CAT. Therefore, enrolling yourself on the course will prove to be beneficial.
The batch timings of this batch are:
Weekday Batch 1
Timings: 5:15 PM- 6:45 PM
Weekday Batch 2
Timings: 9:00 PM- 10:30 PM
|Saturday||12:00 PM – 5:00 PM||5:15 PM – 6:45 PM|
|Sunday||10:45 AM – 1:30 PM||2:00 PM – 3:30 PM|
These are the offered batch timings; choose at your convenience.
Salient Features of CAT Courses at Hitbullseye
- Live Lectures: You may select weekday or weekend classes, depending on your preferences and availability. Hitbulseye’s online CAT courses are designed to simulate a classroom setting for you. You will gain good conceptual clarity of critical subjects from these lectures.
- Doubt Sessions: There are parallel doubt classes for each concept class where you can ask questions, and the faculty members will answer them.
- Expert Live Sessions: CAT top performers, business professionals, and IIM graduates participate in special sessions. These will teach you intelligent shortcuts, methods, and advice for passing the test with flying colours. These sessions, known as Big Bull Ki Pathshala (BBKP), are typically held every 15 days.
- Support available around the clock: You can engage in discussion groups to speak with other learners and get your questions answered by our instructors and mentors.
How should I prepare for the CAT online?
Exams for MBA entrance, such as the CAT, need smart studying. Candidates must keep a few fundamentals in mind to ace these exams.
Attempt Mock tests and Sample Tests
Starting with mock exams is an excellent way to test the waters. People can better understand the exam format through mock exams. Additionally, by assessing the areas of strength and weakness, Candidates can develop a more detailed action plan.
Understand the Exam Pattern.
The CBT mode is used to conduct the CAT. VARC, or verbal ability and reading comprehension; DI&LR, data interpretation and logical reasoning; and QA, or quantitative aptitude, are its three main components. Objective and subjective questions are included in each portion, and each section is given a certain amount of time. There are 100 questions on the entire exam paper.
Candidates must estimate the time devoted to each part or subject once the syllabus is known and the areas of strength and weakness are determined. Time management becomes essential to CAT preparation because each section has its own set of sectional timings. It’s crucial to get ready to complete each section accurately in the allotted time.
Examine the study materials.
Before depending on the information given, double-check your sources. Since the CAT is about testing your ability rather than knowledge of specific facts, conceptual comprehension is more important in this situation. Therefore, when choosing study materials for CAT preparation, one must be very careful. To determine the best books available, read the reviews of top performers and specialists.
Keep the cycle of practice and evaluation intact.
It takes a lot of practice to ace the CAT Exam. Start with topic-based assessments and work your way up to sectional tests. The method requires analysis of the performance. The mock examination would aid in tracking your development and pointing up areas that need work. Keeping these in mind, the candidates must make the subsequent study plan.
These methods would improve the effectiveness and efficiency of CAT online preparation. People tend to feel more in charge of their learning and, therefore, more confident when they have a well-thought-out plan for CAT online preparation. It is easier to get results when you have faith and confidence in your knowledge.
Systematic and thoughtful preparation can help you achieve positive results, whether preparing for the CAT offline or online.